CBR1100XX.org Forum

2016 F150 Supercab EcoBoost.

Can you at least help out with a reason why someone would leave the country simply due to the current leadership?  I guess anyone could find a reason to go at any time, like "the newly elected president has a consonant in his last name" or something equally odd.  And what is a "reason" is entirely subjective.  "Because of Trump" isn't a reason, so I'm interested in finding the real reason - my guess is there isn't a reason, but abandoning the country is instead an irrational response to the stress of a triggered snowflake.   

6 minutes ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Sorry Scott for the drama in your sale ad, 

Ha!  Name a post lately that stayed on topic.  I think there are so few of us left and we know each other so well that there's not much angst about thread derailment.

2 hours ago, IcePrick said:

Ha!  Name a post lately that stayed on topic.  I think there are so few of us left and we know each other so well that there's not much angst about thread derailment.

That, and the item for sale here was sold before shit went off the rails. Additionally, the original poster was complicit in said derailment, it’s his thread to pollute if he wants. We do moderate in here occasionally but it seemed silly to do so in this particular case. 

6 hours ago, Redbird said:

That, and the item for sale here was sold before shit went off the rails. Additionally, the original poster was complicit in said derailment, it’s his thread to pollute if he wants. We do moderate in here occasionally but it seemed silly to do so in this particular case. 

Ahhh, so we're mostly trusting that people will do what's right with extremely minimal actions from our voluntarily chosen governing body and the most aggressive action generally taken against an offender will be to ostracize him?!?  ANARCHY!

Had to.

As far moving because of Trump, I agree that's not a reasonable reason.  Just like moving because my neighbor's a Jew.  Moving because my Jewish neighbor or the president is doing things that negatively impact my life and the only way to stop those things from impacting me is to leave, that's a reason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Moving because my Jewish neighbor or the president is doing things that negatively impact my life and the only way to stop those things from impacting me is to leave, that's a reason.

We only know they are stating they are leaving because of Trump. 

...higher taxes?

Higher unemployment?

Harder national defense stance?

...stupid tweets? OK....

...didn't we just bomb the shit out of Syria a few months back?

Steel tarrifs?

5 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

Ahhh, so we're mostly trusting that people will do what's right with extremely minimal actions from our voluntarily chosen governing body and the most aggressive action generally taken against an offender will be to ostracize him?!?  ANARCHY!

Had to.

Can't have both, voluntary or not ;)

Oh, and who chose me to be part of the "governing body" around here? Do you recall an election? What we have here is a benevolent dictatorship with a Cuban at the helm.

4 hours ago, DBLXX said:

For you it might not be. For a Jew hater or a Drump hater -

it sure is. 

You meant to say, for an idiot it sure is.  To hate someone you've never met is already kinda dumb, to hate him enough that his becoming president causes you to leave the country purely because of the hatred is retarded.  And if their reason really is Trump's presidency it's retarded to have waited this long.

46 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Can't have both, voluntary or not ;)

Oh, and who chose me to be part of the "governing body" around here? Do you recall an election? What we have here is a benevolent dictatorship with a Cuban at the helm.

A dictatorship with only one rule, shit tons of freedom, no taxes, that we choose to be a part of.