CBR1100XX.org Forum

Goldbird on Craigslist AZ

It would probably be a good one, factoring in the dump fees to dispose of all the stupid shit and buying new (shorter) brake lines of course.

Edited by XX4me

2003 Honda Super Blackbird CBR1100XX -- $4,500 OBO

5.5 inch riser/1.5 inch pull back handlebar extensions, brand-new custom-made Galfer steel-braided brake lines, and black frame sliders installed for 2-up touring configuration. Includes original triple clamp and clip ons. The handlebar extension kit reduces fatigue and a six (6) gallon gas tank extends mileage between fuel stops. Long runs are made easier with a passenger backrest/top case for storage.

Professionally serviced (oil change, transmission fluid, and radiator flushed with Engine Ice) less than 500 miles ago. Professionally installed as new (under 1000 miles): battery, tires, hydraulic clutch/brake lines. MRA Vario-Touring Windscreen is installed. Includes original and blackout windscreens.

Fuel injected with less than 15,000 miles. Factory-installed safety feature, Linked Braking System (LBS), links front and back brakes for a smoother ride experience. This is the last model year sold as new in the USA

00k0k_2jj86XVBefl_1200x900.jpg

I think there was an Australian guy who had something like 12” risers on his bird, something about neck issues. Apparently it never slowed him down, but that thing needs to be set on fire and its ashes scattered to the four winds.  

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, racer212 said:

What the fuck is with that cheap shit knock-off Harley trunk on the back?

Maybe it holds some additional fuel? He's talking 6 gallons in that write up. 

Actually maybe the risers are hollow and hold a gallon.

15k miles, didn't do a lot of touring, did he.

I'd like to see the bar assembly in a little more detail.  The bike looks pretty good.  Everyone has their own physical issues to deal with and maybe this works well.  As far as the backrest, I would have had one if they were available seeing as Bullroarer had a tendency to fall asleep when he was back there.  My only concern is that rear rack is not as substantial as a Givi and there could certainly be a lot of stress on four mount points so close together.

• Upvote 1