CBR1100XX.org Forum

The Turbo XX is dead.

XX4me

An era ends.............

it was a good bike, Forrest, and we all enjoyed some vicarious comfort through you because of it.

Post a picture of the Ely GPS in the pub for old times........

32 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

A replacement already....you don't fuck around!

It just seems that way.  I've actually been watching Craigslist ads for quite some time.  I think used XX's are probably one of the best deals on the market out there right now.  When you consider that there is not much difference between a used one with ten or fifteen thousand miles on it and a new one, other than a few minor scratches.

• 4 months later...

When I was checking up on Zero’s bik today the service manager said there was a local guy selling his 300 hp turbo bird but is not putting it on CL or anything. This guy is a mechanical engineer and wants it to go to someone who can “appreciate” a bike of that caliber. 

1 hour ago, RXX said:

When I was checking up on Zero’s bik today the service manager said there was a local guy selling his 300 hp turbo bird but is not putting it on CL or anything. This guy is a mechanical engineer and wants it to go to someone who can “appreciate” a bike of that caliber. 

He could post it here...  ...?

On 10/18/2018 at 4:25 PM, RXX said:

Tell him I would greatly appreciate it!!

40 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Tell him I would greatly appreciate it!!

PM me some contact information and I will drop it off at the shop to be relayed to him. I will be happy to test drop drive it if you can arrange it. 

Well, after taliking to the guy again today, I am sorry to inform you he thinks his friend won’t sell it to just anybody. 

I started to tell him who your brother is, but I didn’t think it appropriate to call out the big guns. Yet.

• 1 month later...

The ZX-14 didn't excite me either until I rode one.

Do it, or a Connie.A Concours is plenty fast to keep things interesting and much more comfy.