CBR1100XX.org Forum

Clean/low mile 99 on local CL

Looks like a much better deal than the dropped one.  Only thing a little suspect is that the photos were taken at different times, but not necessarily indicative of anything bad.  First impression is it's been decently cared for and has nice basic farkles.

14 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

WTF that's like right next to me! Thanks!

I know I’m getting old and all - but did I know you were in Denver?

15 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

No I'm still thinking.  Do you know someone looking, looks like a good find. 

Yeah - you! Go pick it up. I'll let you store it here for a few months if you need ;)

Here is my only concern. I'm looking for a st bike to do a lot of miles, we all know the bike is a hammer but at what point do you compromise reliability because of age? 5 years from now you're trusting a bike that is over 20 years old. Not stating anything, just asking.

Shoot dude - you know you are looking at a XX right? They don't come any more reliable. This thing is clean, setup nice, and is priced on target. Quit messing around - I'll bring mine and we'll go ride.

4 hours ago, racer212 said:

Shoot dude - you know you are looking at a XX right? They don't come any more reliable. This thing is clean, setup nice, and is priced on target. Quit messing around - I'll bring mine and we'll go ride.

He dropped it to $3800 too!

I'm trying to decide between the '99 and the '03. My '02 has that cool digital dash I always liked.

Edited by silverbird1100

7 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

I'm trying to decide between the '99 and the '03. My '02 has that cool digital dash I always liked.

Well, I’ll give you that.  The digital dash does look sweet and is easier on the eyes.