CBR1100XX.org Forum

What are XX's worth in 2018?

silverbird1100

1 hour ago, jon haney said:

You suck.  Bought my 99 in August of 2000 for $9500.  Tried to get it for $9200, but they wouldn't budge.  It was worth it.

Oh, when I went to pick it up, I heard all about it.  I ordered my 99 I believe in March 00 and picked it up in April.  The guy told me they priced it wrong and it was supposed to be $2,000 higher (as they were still trying to clear out 98's then) but stuck with the deal.  Might be because I handed them a check for the full amount, but I bet they still lost money.  I would ride over there to buy my oil and filter from them when I needed it until I found out about the diesel oil from here.

• Like 1

I had a 93 FJ1200 but got rearended in Feb 1999. Bike was totaled . The guy had a good insurance so bought another big bore sportish bike - 99 XX .  I never was really emotionally attached to it, but because she was extremely well designed bike I kept riding it till last year.   

For everyone here, buying a XX had a noticeable if not very significant effect on their life.  Consider the friends we've made and in some cases, life-changing events simply because we are here.  It's kind of mind-blowing.  I can make a list of critical life changes buying that bike made.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SwampNut said:

For everyone here, buying a XX had a noticeable if not very significant effect on their life.  Consider the friends we've made and in some cases, life-changing events simply because we are here.  It's kind of mind-blowing.  I can make a list of critical life changes buying that bike made.

[joking]Yeah.  If not for you fuckers, my RS wouldn't be in the shop.[/joking]

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

^^^^^^  Posted for 30 days and no buyer yet for 2K.  Fishy 

If you are interested I can go take a look.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:52 PM, SwampNut said:

A defining moment to be sure. I have had other bikes, but none that had that effect.

After selling my second 03 I'm on my third.

Regretted selling it as it was sorted out pretty well w shock and fork work, as well as aux power, heat and cruise.

Bought current XX in MI about 4 yrs ago.

Had original tires on it but owner had taken reasonable care of it. 

Had a pipe, PC, Corbin and stock seat and vfr bars.

Paid 5000 and it was just over 7500 miles young

Haven't put 2000 miles on it since I replaced the rubber.

New job had limited my riding time.

Near 7 yrs without a bike trip.

Short rides on the bird or my hd had been the norm till last year when we got the time off to ride to Ky and W Va and this summer out to the rocky mtn west, but rode my electra glide w the wife on her Ulysses 

Kinda brought back the memories and feeling of a good trip on the bird.

Like the Ozarxx and W coast meets.

I want that back.

I'm at the point in life where I have more money than time so I am contemplating taking it to a competent shop/mechanic for complete service, all fluids including fork oil.

I'm guessing 800+ bucks.

If I do I'll spring for the sw motech hardware to mount luggage and ride it out to Ky, Nashville and Memphis for next years trip.

For me probably the most enjoyable and overall competent motorcycle I've owned.

20180801_180449.jpg

Edited by dennis
  • Upvote 1

On 5/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, silverbird1100 said:

What should be my top dollar? 

I'm selling a 2000 with 50k for 4000. Im second owner. First owner was 60 years old, regularly maintained. I put new battery,  rectifier,  stator, starter relay. Bike has great body. Not trying to give you a sales pitch because I'm working on a small electrical issue just wanted to give you an example of what I'm selling for. Sounds like it's gonna need some long overdue maintenance and in my opinion you could find a better deal on a trader site

20181022_171952.jpg