CBR1100XX.org Forum

What are XX's worth in 2018?

silverbird1100

12 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

thats the kind of deal I might end up waiting for

Biggest problem I see buying a non-runner like Come Back Kid did is knowing whether it's a small problem or big.  Knowing the history from a trusted person is one thing, buying it from a stranger who says 'it ran fine till it got parked' is a big gamble.

Got my first XX a few years ago for $1500, '97 with 50k miles. Ran crappy due to carbs WAY outa synch and the registration was expired, otherwise good.  My current one was $2k, '01 with 50k, couple little issues and a few good farkles.  I've seen a few other ones go cheap.  You'll need luck, or to search vigilantly and be ready to pounce.

13 hours ago, The come back kid said:

I tried as hard as I could to not buy another bike. When my buddy at work told me $3,300 for an 02 with 10k miles I had no choice. It had been sitting 4years without running, no battery, and the valve stem was broken right off on the rear tire. I had to put a new battery and fuel pump in it and clean the mice nest out of the ram air and air box. Had it running in a week, it has been registered for 2 weeks and I put 800 miles on it. These are awesome bikes!

Pics or it didn't happen.  How's the tool strap?

• Upvote 1

The '03 I just bought has less than 13k on the clock, no damage other than a couple of minor scratches, new tires, yosh 4-1, pcII, corbin seat + stock, machined bar risers, givi wing rack and side bags, ram mount, peg lowering brackets, and touring wind shield +stock.

All for $4250.00.

I couldn't be happier.

I'll probably sell off the corbin and wind screen.

Edited by XX4me

2 hours ago, XX4me said:

The '03 I just bought has less than 13k on the clock, no damage other than a couple of minor scratches, new tires, yosh 4-1, pcII, corbin seat + stock, machined bar risers, givi wing rack and side bags, ram mount, peg lowering brackets, and touring wind shield +stock.

All for $4250.00.

I couldn't be happier.

I'll probably sell off the corbin and wind screen.

The pic that you showed don't count.  Post up.

• 5 months later...

When the FI model hit was when I really had the desire.  Before that there was some lust, but no real action behind it.  I cashed out a bunch of Cisco stock I was day trading, and went to the dealer with literally a brown paper bag of cash.  Rode out with the bike with no registration, no tax, only the MSO.  Registered it in another country, was untraceable.  Sold my Katana 1100 for $2k-ish, with 110k miles on it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

I remember when the Bird came out in 97 and wanted one so bad and found a way to get one that year.  Oh, I still have it.

I went to the dealer to buy a Honda cruiser. Saw the red xx sitting there and it looked like it was wet. 

Didn’t even sit on it. 

Sold

• Like 1

I wanted one as soon as I saw an ad for one, but no way I was buying another bike with carbs.  In 2000 I had the money, but they had changed to Titanium and I wanted black.  Found a dealer in Pascagoula, MS willing to order me a black 99 but they made a mistake and priced it as a 98.  $8499.  Bought my 96 WS6 Formula and the 99 bird within 2 months of each other, and a 4X8 trailer (in black) to pull the bike behind the Formula.  Still have all 3.

Nice deal.  I got mine down to the low $9k range.  I had also about stolen the Katana 1100.  Both were disregarded by the usual squids looking for a flashy bike.

12 hours ago, CBR-RR-XX-CESS said:

Why?? Really

Long list of reasons.  I guess on the XX the most practical would be pulling a runner and having a plate that can't be traced in the US.

15 hours ago, Furbird said:

I wanted one as soon as I saw an ad for one, but no way I was buying another bike with carbs.  In 2000 I had the money, but they had changed to Titanium and I wanted black.  Found a dealer in Pascagoula, MS willing to order me a black 99 but they made a mistake and priced it as a 98.  $8499.  Bought my 96 WS6 Formula and the 99 bird within 2 months of each other, and a 4X8 trailer (in black) to pull the bike behind the Formula.  Still have all 3.

You suck.  Bought my 99 in August of 2000 for $9500.  Tried to get it for $9200, but they wouldn't budge.  It was worth it.