CBR1100XX.org Forum

What are XX's worth in 2018?

silverbird1100

WTF i was going to post it's not a ducati, all bb should have huge miles on them by now. Seems i'm mistaken :)

3 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

No, ^ this one is $5500 with 6K on it.  All that bling makes me think it was owned by one of those youtube assholes doing 150 on a crowned freeway. 

If you are interested in it, the first step is to talk to him and ask all the questions and the next step is to go see it.  Just can't tell too much from photos but the sticker seems to be in the wrong place.  The owner cares enough about things to protect his floor so who knows.  I'm thinking that a stunter wouldn't leave the reflectors on and stock signals.  The bike looks sharp but....

6 hours ago, silverbird1100 said:

This one would work...  what does the pic tell you?  Are those fairings OEM?

5af39bf6c1d42a10fe67da6e.jpg

The fairing decal looks wrong.  The blingy look initially made me think it might be a dumbasse's bike that's possibly been abused.....BUT:  stock levers, pegs, brake lines, reflectors, rear fender, etc.  It's parked in a clean room and was relatively centered on the black pads before being pulled onto the stand.  It has potential for being a gem.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, blackhawkxx said:

If you want to go different, how about this one?

Blackbird.thumb.jpg.2b48050d0bfab87b08e588d8b4aa2d6a.jpg

Not liking the skull thing, the tail is higher than I like, the rest of it is pretty cool.

Edited by superhawk996

I've decided I need to buy locally, sight unseen is just too risky for a bike this old.

So, I have the seller down to $4000 for the one in post #1 and doubt I'll see another 2003 (I want a black fuel injected one) in Colorado with this low of miles maybe ever again. I might be able to get him to throw in a triple clamp riser set too for that price. 

Tires are shot, needs a tune up and fork seal but I enjoy doing all that stuff.  It was also in the crate until 2009, and he has the paperwork for that. Looks like I could replace the fairings on the right side for around $930 and sell the scratched one for around $250-$300 after ebay fees.  

Trigger pullage? 

4k isn't ridiculous at all if it fits in the rather small (and getting smaller) window of what you're looking for. Five or ten years from now a $500 difference in purchase price will be long forgotten. I wouldn't pay that for that bike, but I've certainly made worse deals for something I knew I wanted and might not be able to get elsewhere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XX4me said:

QUOTE - 2001 Honda blackbird 
13,xxx Miles 
Excellent Condition 
Just serviced new tires ready to ride 
Full Akrapvic TI system (deep and throaty not obnoxious)
Corbin smuggler Seat 
Needs nothing 
Price is firm no calls past 7pm

00E0E_7RFMcR9ioM_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

I've been talking to my local guy at $80.00 per hour - Hurrican', red over black,  - just the tank (maybe more difficult) is around $600.00

A new one is only a little more than that from what I'm seeing. 

Edited by silverbird1100
  • Upvote 1

I tried as hard as I could to not buy another bike. When my buddy at work told me $3,300 for an 02 with 10k miles I had no choice. It had been sitting 4years without running, no battery, and the valve stem was broken right off on the rear tire. I had to put a new battery and fuel pump in it and clean the mice nest out of the ram air and air box. Had it running in a week, it has been registered for 2 weeks and I put 800 miles on it. These are awesome bikes!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1