CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 XX Boston Craigslist

If it's 30 HP that means the bike was making 170+ without the NOS, nope.  And I hadn't paid attention to how close the bottle is to the exhaust, seems like a real bad idea.

On the Cherokee forum there's a thread titled "people who think their XJ is gold" where people post up retardedly priced Cherokees, this one deserves a similar title.

1 hour ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Its like a foot-pound, but for NOS.

A lot of the people who play with that stuff inhale more of it than their motors.

Is it the same stuff that the dentist use?  My dentist used that on me once, it was a fun day.

Vehicle nitrous has an added chemical that's supposed to induce a coughing/gagging effect so that you 'can't' inhale enough of it to get high.  None of my bottles are handy, but pretty sure the added chemical is on the label.  It's illegal to sell pure nitrous to someone without the proper papers.  Apparently mine was lacking it or it just didn't work because a friend of a friend took a big ole hit of it and passed the fuck out.  The shop I used to frequent for re-fills offered me the pure stuff once, I'm guessing he got it by mistake.  Or maybe he was just testing me so see if I was using it/selling it to get high, maybe because I was in there so often and always happy.

I emailed the guy last night just for kicks.

What do you mean by “30lb shot of nos”?  Do you have dyno sheets on it or is the HP just speculation?

At 6:55 am:

Yes I hav a Dino sheet 

Sent from my iPhone

I immediately responded and asked that he send me a copy of the dyno runs with & without NOS, no reply.

On 2/25/2018 at 1:57 PM, Redbird said:

I dated a girl in high school whose father was a dentist. She had a copy of his office key and we'd go in there after hours and hit the nitrous. Crazy bitch, but good times.

I worked as an orderly in a large ER dept a long time ago. In the overflow suite (rarely used), there was a lot of equipment stored. One of them was some sort of cryo tool that used nitrous. I found you could place the foot pedal in a big trash bag and bleed nitrous into the bag until it was full. Lay on a stretcher, huff the bag, it's all good. 

I wish I had a crazy bitch with me at the time, Tim. I did have a fling with a dentist's daughter around that time. Crazy bitch, and a JAP nurse to boot. She would swipe desoxyn from the VA where she worked and get me to hit her up with it. Crazy jew bitch on speed. I get the attraction.

There are three XXs down by me all 03 around 5k miles $6,000. 1999 25k plus miles $4,000 and a blue one 2000 for  5,000.

I love the bike, but the prices for a 17-20 year old bike are just out there in my opinion.

The XX might be like the XJ, lost its appreciation to be slowly regained much later.  The other factor is what people ask isn't what people are paying.  Looking at closed listings on eBay there's a perfect looking '97 that got to just over $2k and a very nice low mile '03 that got $3800.  Location is a big factor also.

A friend was looking at a multo 10s of thousands pontoon boat once. There was an address in my neighborhood where it was supposed to be from. He called me to do a dtive by. I did. There was nthing in the yard or at the dock. 

He responded to the ad. The scammer said it was in Vegas, in storage. He replied again and said he could have a friend there is a half hour to look at it in Vegas. The thread went dead.

We think this a real ad, just not sure if the bike is really  all that..

?

Okay, I took a look at the ad.

The rear indicators seem to be well done.  At least the fender isn't chopped off with a hedge trimmer like some folks do.

I didn't think Yoshimura supplied a centerstand stop with their full single side systems.  I wonder what he has installed to do that job?

Where is the cruise control?  It would make sense that the switch on the left dash arms the NOS system, and I see no other added controls.

Those are the nicest looking helibars I've ever seen.

He's quite proud of it, that's for sure.

10 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

I didn't think Yoshimura supplied a centerstand stop with their full single side systems.  I wonder what he has installed to do that job?

Mine had it.