CBR1100XX.org Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rockmeupto125

FS: 1997 CBR1100XX

Time to free up some funds.

For sale is an early production 1997 model year XX fuilt in 1996.  Its in very good condition for its age, with light signs of use consistent with 22 years and 25,000 miles.

Light modifications that include mirror extenders, VFR bars, heavy bar end weights, HID lights, upgraded horn, clear front turn signals, rear rack, and euro right-hand switch.  The only alteration that can't be undone is the bobbed under fender and turn signal upgrade, which is nicely done and retains the original key lock for the seat latch. The only notable damage is a crack from the middle bolt hole to the edge of the rear cowl. Stock mufflers will be included in the sale. 

$2500 puts this nice runner in your hands.  I need to finance my trip to RacerXX this year. Bike is located in northern Pennsylvana.  Delivery to a convenient point between Pennsylvania and the northern Florida border is possible.  Thanks for reading.

MVIMG_20180212_154537.jpg

MVIMG_20180212_154728.jpg

MVIMG_20180212_154948.jpg

That's a smokin' price for a nice, low-mile XX.

• Like 1

God, I need another bird.

This is my old Bird, that I traded to Joe for his two KLR650's.

The rear rack is an SW-Motech quick disconnect rack, so you can easily remove the GIVI mount and have it still look sick.

The bar end weights are Manic Salamander ends, and they are super heavy.

I wired the right side Euro switch for three settings:

*All lights on

* All lights OFF (stealth mode. You know you're in it because the dashboard lights are out, too)

*Just headlight off. I did this so that I could start the bike without the HID turning on and then off during start.

The horn is a Stebel Nautilus.

I assume the tank is still in pristine condition.. I had it under a Bagster cover for it's life with me, so it was completely protected. I purchased the bike in 2005, and she was in my stable until fall of 16, when Joe adopted her!

Thanks for the info, Ben.

This is a bike I'd like to keep in the stable, but the stable seems to keep shrinking.  Its one of the lowest serial numbers I've seen.  It would certainly be a great keeper for someone. 

If 0048 means it was the 48th XX made that's fuckin cool, and makes me want it even tho I 'know' I don't.

My middle son told me he IS interested. He's riidden my Hurricane and my bird and knows what it is.

22 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Well he should BE interested.  You could ride it home from Florida!

....damn, interesting idea. March can be pretty nasty up here though.

:?