CBR1100XX.org Forum

Engine/chassis noise diagnostic tool

https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-06608-ChassisEAR-EngineEAR-Combination/dp/B0014QN7WW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518064388&sr=8-1&keywords=steelman+06608

It's this tool minus the hard case & headphones, I have a few.  They're Suzuki branded instead of the Steelman branding.  NOS, some are a little scuffed, all will be tested & verified working.  $40 shipped wherever USPS flat rate applies.

With headphones are $50 shipped, I have very few headphones.  They're cheap mono headphones, I assume modern stereo ones would work but don't have any around to try.

Anyone looking to just borrow one is welcome to it for the shipping cost.  It's pretty trippy hearing what goes on inside gearboxes & shit while going down the road.

Yea, I completely spaced on you guys, sorry and thanks for the reminder.  I just made myself a reminder note.  If you don't hear something by tomorrow afternoon feel free to bug me.

• 1 month later...

Down to one partial kit and a few of the "engine ear" things, the handheld piece with a microphone and DB meter used as a stethoscope to pinpoint noises.

The partial kit as no headphones and only 3 of the clip on microphones.  It'll work fine like that, I've never used them all at the same time.

$30 shipped for the partial kit and $10 ea. for the engine ear.