CBR1100XX.org Forum

NEP CC-3 throttle lock help.

Pete in PA

I have the lock on order but have noticed that I don't have any room on my grip. I have the Progrip (used to be called dual sport model, lots of small dimples) grips on it. If I slide the grip away from the switch housing it will be tight against the bar end weight. I don't want to cut the grip shorter if I don't have to. Ideas???

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/mods/throttlelock/index.html

I installed the same throttle lock this past weekend. Well, as I found out, if you don't tighten down the adjusting bolt (even if the locker works well without it) it will come off. Then, you'll have to go buy another one. So, I spent $40 on a $20 throttle lock! I even backtracked to see if I could find it. No such luck.

That's the grip I have. Mine came with TWO thumb flanges, one thicker and larger than the other. Cut off the large one on the end; it's meant for dirt bikes. You can see it here:

dash_side_right.jpg

radardetector.jpg

Pete, cut the grip up to the lip. You only have to back the grip off ever so slightly. Then when you're done cut a piece of plastic to fit inbetween the bar end and grip so it moves smoothly, so you don't get no hang up. Also safty wire the grips on in the spaces allowed.

Don't get much rain out that way, Carlos? Oh, yeah, you live in the middle of the desert..... :razz:

Hairspray works great, until it gets wet and turns back into that slimey shit that made it so easy to put the grips on. At that point they'll be free to slip and slide all over the place, it can be entertaining if it's not you it's happening to.

Don't ask me how I know this............. :roll:

Don't get much rain out that way, Carlos? Oh, yeah, you live in the middle of the desert..... :razz:

Hairspray works great, until it gets wet and turns back into that slimey shit that made it so easy to put the grips on. At that point they'll be free to slip and slide all over the place, it can be entertaining if it's not you it's happening to.

Don't ask me how I know this............. :roll:

I used to live in VA, and it rained plenty of times, and my grips were being held on my Aquanet, and I've never had that problem. Even the grips on my mountain bike, which saw lots of water and mud (even submerged from falling into a creek, damn rocks and trees in the middle of the trail) never broke loose.

I may have just been lucky.

Maybe it's just me, but I'll stick with grip glue from here on out.

Come to think of it, I (I mean "my friend" :razz: ) didn't use Aquanet specifically, so the difference may be in the brand. Just my $.02 :)

Would someone post an address to order the NEP? I have gagged on $150 for a Throttlemeister for months. I would risk the $20 or so even if it turned out like that useless tank protector (the %#*$ slapper) that several of you warned me off of. Apparently most are satisfied? I particularly like the thumb operation. I would guess that the Throttlemeister has to be tensioned with the throttle closed (or two hands). I know many swear by the Throttlemeister but I think I can live with less. Appreciate any info.

Don't get much rain out that way, Carlos?

Not often, but when it does rain, it's like being under a waterfall. I've ridden through a half-dozen torrential rains for extended periods (2 hours once) without issue. I think the key is to use really shitty hair spray that dries hard.

Would someone post an address to order the NEP?

They should be at your dealer for $20, but it seems they are just unavailable in certain areas. If that's the case, drop me $25 by Paypal and I'll mail one to you.