CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC2 Maps needed

birdriderofdawn

Hello to all 

Im thankful to the admins for letting me in !! 

I have a old PC2 which i thought of adding to the bird , i was lucky to get the operating software but now I'm sitting ducks as i don't have any maps to load into the PC2 . 

Can anyone help me with the Maps ? 

The PC2 maps end with .maps extension . 

Thanks in advance 

regards 

Jay 

I have a PCII, but my map is tuned to conserve fuel...and I got that from someone else.  Post up if anything is other than stock.  Maps tend to be specific to configuration and desired outcome.  Also post your altitude.

17 hours ago, Aunt Zero said:

I have a PCII, but my map is tuned to conserve fuel...and I got that from someone else.  Post up if anything is other than stock.  Maps tend to be specific to configuration and desired outcome.  Also post your altitude.

Conserve fuel??? Are you insane? Do you ride with womens lingerie under your clothes???

18 hours ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

Conserve fuel??? Are you insane? Do you ride with womens lingerie under your clothes???

18 hours ago, XXBirdSlapper said:

Lingerie would be racy, I'm guessing granny panties.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aunt Zero said:

It just leans out the low end which runs on the rich side.  Let’s me go over 200 miles on a tank when on long trips.

Did you verify this with some kind of testing equipment?

7 hours ago, Aunt Zero said:

Verify what?  My tailpipes are a golden brown.

Someone else made the map as an experiment and happened to have saved it.  Over 5K, everything’s untouched.  I have plenty of power for my needs on the low end.

Verify it was too rich, that it needed the the PC to cure it, and that the PC indeed cured it.  I find it odd that the factory would have it run rich at cruise when they're always trying to get the leanest clean burn from stuff.

27 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Verify it was too rich, that it needed the the PC to cure it, and that the PC indeed cured it.  I find it odd that the factory would have it run rich at cruise when they're always trying to get the leanest clean burn from stuff.

My tailpipes were darker beforehand.  Guy who did the map is an XX owner, so I trust he knew what he was doing.

9 minutes ago, Aunt Zero said:

My tailpipes were darker beforehand.  Guy who did the map is an XX owner, so I trust he knew what he was doing.

Oh, I didn't know you had someone with such a solid resume do it.  I assumed it was just some yahoo professional with a dyno shop or something.

I shoulda known better than to ask, damn my curiosity.

Take it up with EVLXX...it's his map.  He did several dyno runs...I forget what made him come up with this map other than shits and giggles, but he saved it for those looking to get the most MPG out of the XX on trips where total range on a tank could be critical.

3 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I find it odd that the factory would have it run rich at cruise when they're always trying to get the leanest clean burn from stuff.

While I  have no proof, I have seen many bikes with aftermarket exhaust seem rich at idle and low rpm.  Black sooty outlets of the cans and just have the rich feel.

Eric (EVLXX) made several different maps with his sniffer, and had more than a few of them dyno tested.  I know that with his fuel mileage map, which I assume is the same one that zero has, I can get over 50 mpg running two-up with just a slight hesitation on acceleration.  When you live out in the forsaken wilderness, 25 more miles out of a tank can make a world of difference.

If you run with a pack of XX's at less than stupid speeds for very long, the stench of unburnt gas is enough to make your clothes stink

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Here is ELVXXs post on how he built the maps.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27591&hl=PC++economy++maps++lean

I've been using the "economy" map FIXXR?  It runs leaner at cruise speeds, but has plenty of power when you whack the throttle.

But like Joe mentioned,  I get complaints that my bike smells too rich. Anyone solve that with a PCll map?

• Upvote 1

Quote EVLXX

I went for a short ride yesterday..

222.9773 corrected miles

and I tried to keep my speed down in the 55 - 65 range...

when I got back to the gas station...

I was shocked...

it only took 4.189 gallons.

That's 53.2 mpg...

I was riding solo out in eastern colorado, temps in the low 60's and later down in the 50's.

I know that seems really Hi... and maybe it was, maybe I wrote a number down wrong or something.

I also noticed that when I was going up small hills the AFR guage was showing around 17.8 to 1 sometimes...

Don't really know if that's bad... yet...

might need to do some more adjusting there... might need to richen things up just a tad bit.

Anybody else that's been running one of the maps have anything to report ?

On 1/3/2018 at 7:19 PM, XXitanium said:

Quote EVLXX

I went for a short ride yesterday..

222.9773 corrected miles

and I tried to keep my speed down in the 55 - 65 range...

when I got back to the gas station...

I was shocked...

it only took 4.189 gallons.

That's 53.2 mpg...

I was riding solo out in eastern colorado, temps in the low 60's and later down in the 50's.

I know that seems really Hi... and maybe it was, maybe I wrote a number down wrong or something.

I also noticed that when I was going up small hills the AFR guage was showing around 17.8 to 1 sometimes...

Don't really know if that's bad... yet...

might need to do some more adjusting there... might need to richen things up just a tad bit.

Anybody else that's been running one of the maps have anything to report ?

I can't imagine it would run at 17.8.  My guess is that the PAIR system is skewing the numbers.

• 1 month later...