CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: Parting Out a 2000 CBR1100XX

After much consideration, I've decided to part out a 2000 XX in my possession. Very sad, because a variety of circumstances make this the most viable option.  They also serve, who only sit and relinquish parts.

This is a 2000 CBR1100XX in excellent original condition with only 11,000 miles, with exceptions that I'll note. If you're just interested in parts and not the story, drop down to the asterisks *****.

Let's start off with this --- it is a salvage title, which is the crux of the entire situation.   There's no evidence of any crash damage whatsoever.  The engine, however, was found to have rusted internals and muddy sludge for oil.  At first, one would think it was a flood bike, but I'm experienced with that, and there's no evidence of flood dirt on the bike.  The only way this bike could have been under water is if someone rode it into a swimming pool.  I'm much more willing to believe the engine was vandalized, and water was poured into it.

The bike passed through two owners on its way to me, neither willing to believe the bike didn't just have something simple wrong with it.  I spent some time with it before doing a compression check and pulling the motor, after which I found the sad condition of the internals.

Even were I to fix or replace the engine, it still carries a New York State salvage title. Because NY is so messed up, I would have to have a NY state salvage inspection performed, then a Pennsylvania state salvage inspection before I could get a reconstructed title in PA.  That's about $800 right there, plus a metric shit tonne of aggravation.

So its being parted out. 

As the bike passed through salvage auction, two owners, and various repair garages, it unfortunately incurred unnecessary damage and missing parts. So let me just list what's damaged or not there.

***** 2000 CBR1100XX for parts.  Titanium bodywork, 11000 miles

*Engine is removed and disassembled. There is rust on various parts.  Any engine part should be considered to have been exposed to water and sat. However, many parts should still be good if you've broken something inside your engine.

*Upper cowl has a broken area on the right in the curve where it joins the dash. Otherwise, in great condition.  Very unfortunate.

*Right lower cowl has a broken area near the top by the mounting boss. Scratches on the side. Again, very unfortunate.

Those that have done business with me know that my prices for used parts are generally quite reasonable.  While I still intend to be reasonable, the parts I am offering are pretty much in pristine condition, and prices will reflect that.

If you need something, post up or send me a PM/email.  A few pictures to follow.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I'd like the mirrors (or even just the painted covers)

Do you have any grab rails i Could mod? ... The one behind the seat.

I have a grab bar if he doesn't.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:35 PM, XXitanium said:

I'd like the mirrors (or even just the painted covers)

Do you have any grab rails i Could mod? ... The one behind the seat.

What do you mean?  The mirrors?  The covers?  The entire pod?  There's a lot of different parts there.

And it appears you have the grab rail covered.

Joe, I would like to call "DIBS" on the whole tranny, if it just has mild surface rust.  I am in no hurry, so just let me know when you know.

The drag bike is making a little more tranny noise than last race.  Hoping it stays together 2 more races.  If it grenades, I'll likely need a whole, running engine.

10 hours ago, jon haney said:

Joe, I would like to call "DIBS" on the whole tranny, if it just has mild surface rust.  I am in no hurry, so just let me know when you know.

The drag bike is making a little more tranny noise than last race.  Hoping it stays together 2 more races.  If it grenades, I'll likely need a whole, running engine.

Somebody here FINALLY admitted they wanted a tranny.  The exodus from the closet should look like someone yelled "free boobies" at midnight in the parking lot at NeXXt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IcePrick said:

Somebody here FINALLY admitted they wanted a tranny.  The exodus from the closet should look like someone yelled "free boobies" at midnight in the parking lot at NeXXt.

Especially, since I said I was okay with a little surface rust.  LOL

On 10/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, kiwimack said:

both Front indicators?

On 10/17/2017 at 8:51 AM, rockmeupto125 said:

What do you mean?  The mirrors?  The covers?  The entire pod?  There's a lot of different parts there.

And it appears you have the grab rail covered.

I'd take the whol set of front blinkers if kiwimack is OK with it.

Grab rail is here.

• 2 months later...

Joe, thank you for the parts. They look fantastic. I sent the payment by PayPal and I would feel better if you confirmed it.

Been a while since I have used PP and don't trust my fat fingers. Please respond.