CBR1100XX.org Forum

Under different circumstances I would love to do that conversion. Time is not on my side these days. Took all my free time just to get the forks addressed (for the second time) and to do a tire change.

Birds are sweet. And super affordable for the performance level. If it were my only pursuit I would have a couple. The only modern equivalent in my opinion is the 1000 Ninja, and I just heard they are discontinuing that due to low sales. Sad really. I saw some non currents so cheap last year it made me think....

I like the ZX14. But, too heavy. They could rule the world if they could knock 50 pounds off it. And...lose the drain culvert sized nightmare they call mufflers...

13 hours ago, IcePrick said:

HERETIC!!!  BURN HIM!!!

(Just kidding.  If only Honda made a modern-day 'bird.)

Yes , if only!!

The K1300S was what the 'bird should have evolved into.  But for the price point, the 'bird is still an AWESOME value and with minor mods, can still hold its own against modern-day sport-tourers.  I don't spend a lot of time on mine anymore with dual-sport, SuMo, and adventure bikes to choose from, but I can't bring myself to turn the old girl out of the stable either.

I've owned a lot of bikes, including a ZX-14, but the XX was "The One" for me. My experience is now a bit outdated, but I found that while a lot of bikes could be ridden faster, not many were as easy to ride fast...or across the entire country. It might not have been the best at any one thing, but it didn't suck at anything, either. Truly the best "do it all" street bike I ever threw a leg over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redbird said:

I've owned a lot of bikes, including a ZX-14, but the XX was "The One" for me. My experience is now a bit outdated, but I found that while a lot of bikes could be ridden faster, not many were as easy to ride fast...or across the entire country. It might not have been the best at any one thing, but it didn't suck at anything, either. Truly the best "do it all" street bike I ever threw a leg over.

I must agree, in 04 I parked the Bird and bought a Busa. just to see how the other side lived. I gave it a year and sold it. I found it heavy feeling in traffic, we never connected the way I did with the Bird, I am 5'10" with a 28" inseam, with less than $1000. in up grades, including lowering the bike I can get 10sec. 1/4 mile times ( I am heavy and Old) Thanks to a Power Commander, and about two hours on a Dynojet chassis Dyno. one tooth smaller on the  primary, and a trick Exhaust.

Anybody run the galfer kit with helibars? I believe thats what are on my bike and the stock lines are compatible. I do want to put the stock clip ons back on the bike though. I have long arms and don't think I need the higher grip position at all.

In my own experience, after about three hours out in the country your back and wrist may speak to you in a painful way, the Helibars may help this.

Yes, they do help many people. I have long arms though, and have ridden my cbr1000rr for over 5 hours straight and can handle that. I really think the stock clip ons will be more better for me.