CBR1100XX.org Forum

Effective BUT Inexpensive Pre-Workout Supplement?

Zero Knievel

I used to pop a couple of migraine pills for a boost of energy in the morning.  Maybe not a smart idea (250 mg Aspirin; 250 mg acetaminophen; 65 mg caffeine per capsule)...so double that if I take two.

What would others recommend for a pre-workout boost?

Methamphetamines

Edit: shit I didnt realize this wasn't in the pub.

Get in.some proteine before you work.out, a shake, or even milk. You'll get ahead on your fluids that you're going to sweat out. Any pill won't really help, the caffeine is just speeding up your system for nothing, like revving your engine at a stop light. 

Get in your workout in the morning, after a while you'll see that you will have more energy during the day, and you won't need a boost. 

Edited by JoWhee

5 hours ago, OrganDonor said:

He needs something obtainable.

That's very obtainable...

...just not with another person. :(

30 minutes ago, JoWhee said:

Methamphetamines

Edit: shit I didnt realize this wasn't in the pub.

Get in.some proteine before you work.out, a shake, or even milk. You'll get ahead on your fluids that you're going to sweat out. Any pill won't really help, the caffeine is just speeding up your system for nothing, like revving your engine at a stop light. 

Get in your workout in the morning, after a while you'll see that you will have more energy during the day, and you won't need a boost. 

I'm already doing all that.  Just been run down for the past couple of months.

Assuming you're talking strength training/weight lifting, the best pre-workout supplement is a decent meal 45 minutes to an hour before you start. Carbs are good thing here, get your blood sugar up.

If you're feeling run down on a regular basis, stimulants are absolutely NOT the answer.

Coming up of 49.  Hormones are good (been in therapy for the last two years for low T).  Doc added an iodine supplement.  My thyroid is on the low side, and he hopes this will fix it rather than go to more extreme therapies.

Diagnosis is whack right now.  Between workplace stress and two family deaths since the first of the year, there's no way to tell why I'm run down until I have a chance to get more "normal" in my daily routine.  Maybe there's something physically wrong, or maybe I'm just stressed out, "grieving" or depressed.  I'm also looking at a job change before the year is out (good news, though), so that's helped a little with the stress.

My shoulders (deltoids) are constantly sore , even with easing up on training.  I can feel cords in the muscle that feel like knots.  I also have constant pain in the right elbow.  I know it's tendonitis, but it just doesn't seem to go away.  Walking into doorways hasn't helped either.

Edited by Aunt Zero

I'm also nearing the end of a month-long colloidal mineral/vitamin therapy and will follow it with a colon cleansing and pro-biotic regimen.  My gut's been wacky for the last couple of months.

My current meds:

DAILY:

• Anastrozole 0.5 Mg 2 / Weekly
  • Aspirin 81 Mg 1 / Am
  • Clomid 25 Mg 1 / Am
  • Docusate Sodium 100 Mg 3 / Daily PRN
  • Essential Fatty Acids 1450 Mg 2 / Am
  • Flax Oil with Lignan 1439 Mg 2 / Am
  • Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) 500 Mg 2 /Bid
  • Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex 1300 Mg 2/ Am
  • Lithium Orotate 53.33 Mg 2 / Bid
  • Magnesium 400 Mg 1 / Am
  • Multivitamin / Mineral Supplement 1 / Am
  • Potassium Gluconate 595 Mg 1 / Am
  • Prolamine Iodine 3 Mg 1 / Am
  • Raw Honey 1 Tsp 1 / Daily
  • Tumeric Curcumin 1000 Mg 2 / Bid
  • Vitamin B12 Sublingual 2500 Mcg 1 / Am
  • Vitamin D3 5000 Iu 2 / Am

AS NEEDED:

• Cetirizine HCl 5 Mg PRN
  • Diphenhydramine HCL 25 Mg PRN
  • Excedrin 1130 Mg PRN
  • Mucinex 1200 Mg PRN
  • Naproxen Sodium 220 Mg PRN
  • Pseudoephedrine HCL 60 Mg PRN
  • Saline Mist Nasal Spray PRN
  • Saline Sinus / Nasal Irrigation PRN
  • Zyrtec D PRN
Edited by Aunt Zero

Pre-workout nutrition: As mentioned carbs and protein roughly 30 min before will help.

I like to do a protein shake (milk and protein powder) and a banana or some other source of good carbs.

Pre-workout Energy Supp: I have tried many and the one I have stuck with is called Mr Hyde. I like the Watermelon flavor. Do NOT take a full dose at least the first time.

I have been taking this shit for prob a couple years now and I still don't take a full dose. I usually take 1/2 to 3/4 of a dose. Sometimes bit more. I have taken a full dose a few times but man its too much. The nice thing is that makes a tub of it last a lot longer. Drink it 15-20 min before workout.

Post workout nutrition: Eat something. From what I understand immediately after lifting you can eat just about anything but getting some more good carbs and protein is a good idea.

For the knots I suggest going for a few deep tissue massages. They don't feel pleasant but thats not the point. Get that shit worked out by some big Swedish woman. It might change your life.

The only thing thats going to make tendonitis go away is rest. At the very least try dropping any elbow joint isolations for a while and just do the compound lifts.

I also recommend people take ZMA before bed if they are lifting...or having cramps etc. Seems to help stave off the DOMS. Could be complete horseshit but its cheap and seems to help some.

• 2 weeks later...

Stress/depression/anxiety can be a bitch and it's often hard to tell if they're the cause of physical issues, I have trouble with this.

As far as that list of daily pills, have you run it past a Dr. or just taking stuff you think you need?  I don't know what some of that stuff is nor what they all do, just looks like a potential soup of crap going on.

How well you sleep is something else to think about.

On 9/16/2017 at 9:50 AM, Aunt Zero said:

I'm also nearing the end of a month-long colloidal mineral/vitamin therapy and will follow it with a colon cleansing and pro-biotic regimen.  My gut's been wacky for the last couple of months.

My current meds:

DAILY:

• Anastrozole 0.5 Mg 2 / Weekly
  • Aspirin 81 Mg 1 / Am
  • Clomid 25 Mg 1 / Am
  • Docusate Sodium 100 Mg 3 / Daily PRN
  • Essential Fatty Acids 1450 Mg 2 / Am
  • Flax Oil with Lignan 1439 Mg 2 / Am
  • Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) 500 Mg 2 /Bid
  • Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex 1300 Mg 2/ Am
  • Lithium Orotate 53.33 Mg 2 / Bid
  • Magnesium 400 Mg 1 / Am
  • Multivitamin / Mineral Supplement 1 / Am
  • Potassium Gluconate 595 Mg 1 / Am
  • Prolamine Iodine 3 Mg 1 / Am
  • Raw Honey 1 Tsp 1 / Daily
  • Tumeric Curcumin 1000 Mg 2 / Bid
  • Vitamin B12 Sublingual 2500 Mcg 1 / Am
  • Vitamin D3 5000 Iu 2 / Am

AS NEEDED:

• Cetirizine HCl 5 Mg PRN
  • Diphenhydramine HCL 25 Mg PRN
  • Excedrin 1130 Mg PRN
  • Mucinex 1200 Mg PRN
  • Naproxen Sodium 220 Mg PRN
  • Pseudoephedrine HCL 60 Mg PRN
  • Saline Mist Nasal Spray PRN
  • Saline Sinus / Nasal Irrigation PRN
  • Zyrtec D PRN

There is your problem. I've got to be honest with you dude. If I needed that shit daily....I'd rather be dead. 

Bit as you know - I love ya. 

On 10/1/2017 at 9:00 AM, DBLXX said:

There is your problem. I've got to be honest with you dude. If I needed that shit daily....I'd rather be dead. 

Bit as you know - I love ya. 

It's not all that bad.  Set up a pill tray once a week and I'm good.

Anastrozole & Clomid - Manage testosterone levels (low T)

Essential Fatty Acids (better than fish oil) & Flax Oil with Lignan - Health supplements...source of healthy fats
Glucosamine Chondroitin Complex - Knees & Joints

Gamma Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) - To help get me back to sleeping normally
Lithium Orotate - For anxiety

Prolamine Iodine - To try and combat hypothyroidism

Magnesium, Multivitamin / Mineral Supplement, & Potassium Gluconate - Nutritional supplement

Raw Honey - Natural immunotherapy for allergies

Tumeric Curcumin - Cellular anti-inflammatory - combat cardiovascular disease

Vitamin B12 & Vitamin D3 - Anxiety/irritability.

Aspirin - Preventative measure for heart attack and stroke risk.
Docusate Sodium - Hemorroids

Cetirizine HCl, Diphenhydramine HCL, Zyrtec D - OTC allergy meds
Excedrin  - Migraine meds
Mucinex - Chest congestion (when sick)
Naproxen Sodium - Pain
Pseudoephedrine HCL - Allergy/sinus issues
Saline Mist Nasal Spray & Saline Sinus / Nasal Irrigation - Sinus issues

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That sounds like a recipe for shitting yourself while working out.  On the upside, there won't be any people pressing you to get their turn at a machine.