CBR1100XX.org Forum

left front brake rotates

txw0091

I just took my bike to a mechanic to have the tires replaced, brake fluid flushed, new chain and brake pads replaced.  When I rode the bike I noticed a slight "clunking" feel at the end of the braking cycle.  It had been a while since I rode the bike so I didn't know if this was a problem or if I was just being paranoid.  Fast forward a few weeks later and I noticed that when I was sitting with the bike upright and turned the handle bars to the far right, something would catch at the bottom of the fairing.  It took me a while but it appears that the mechanic put the reflector on upside down which caused it to in a position further to the rear which resulted in the interference with the fairing when I turned the handlebars.  Anyway, I thought that if he could screw that up then maybe there is something wrong with the brakes.  I tested the front brakes by pushing the bike and activating the front brake lever.  When I did this, I noticed the brake caliper on the left side would rotate slightly with that yolk bar with the hex nut.  Again, I may be paranoid but it would appear that the yolk mechanism is there to allow for some rotation of the brake caliper but I can't be sure.  Any advice?  

14 hours ago, Aunt Zero said:

A photo would help, but the left side has the actuating piston for the linked brake system.  The caliper should have the ability to move, but no clunking.  If a bolt is missing....

13 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Normal from what i understand as the left caliper activates the LBS 

If we are on tge same page

AFAIKBZITE - There's a joke lightly veiled between these two duplicate threads.