CBR1100XX.org Forum

2016 Yamaha FJR1300ES

Watching the GPS on the transport truck as it passes through Kansas City this morning, heading to Vero Beach, FL.

A huge shout out and thanks goes to Scott (racer212) for his amazingly generous offer that enabled me to buy the new FJR1300ES.

Like his deals on many guns that were made with forum members, I was on the receiving end of a deal better than even dave offers

up regularly on a new sport touring ride. Not only was the new bike a great deal but the extra 48 month (YES) extended warranty

came with it heavily discounted as well.

The anxiety on my part is watching it travel towards me while knowing that it will probably arrive before the keys and paperwork will

arrive via UPS 2nd day air service! Due to the holiday weekend (Labor Day) 2nd day air will get the key packet here on Wednesday

and the bike will be here on Tuesday, probably.

All this took place in the same week as an accepted offer by the bank for me to purchase a new home here in Vero Beach and attending

the opening season game for the Miami Hurricanes who were victorious. Actually e-signed the contract for the house while standing at 

the Club Level bar at the Hard Rock Stadium with the score at 34 - 6, Go Canes!

I have much to be grateful for and blessed beyond understanding.

FJR1300ES.jpg.f83cd5c29d4fc9e07b9372837a7eff27.jpg

59abdd1788e77_7755103rdAveFront.jpg.de777d637b55253ad0988f988b36609d.jpg

59abdd16a3505_7755103rdAveBack.jpg.6fa3534d2f87f8565539aaa4e908cd94.jpg

Canes.jpg.18a84e04b9676b15ffd0b45e32e1e4d6.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John01XX said:

Was suppose to take delivery this weekend but looks like that may not happen with the  now Cat 5 hurricane approaching!!

At least the new home is still bank owned until after the hurricane passes!

I hope you don't need it.

Funny, I'm not going to pick up my new fleet vehicle for the same reason

9 hours ago, John01XX said:

Was suppose to take delivery this weekend but looks like that may not happen with the  now Cat 5 hurricane approaching!!

At least the new home is still bank owned until after the hurricane passes!

Send it north, I'll take good care of it. Or even better send it to Dave he'll spend a week washing and waxing it for you. 

Got the call that my bike is now in Austin, TX where the driver is dropping a load there and then will beeline for my place. The driver lives in Tampa which is exactly due west of Vero Beach right across Highway 60. The plan is to drop my FJR Friday morning and head home to prepare for  Irma himself.

Big congrats John on both the new house and the new bike.  I hope the weather issues don't affect you much, if at all and hopefully you'll be riding it soon and get settled into the new digs.

• Like 1

With Irma bearing down on So. Florida my new FJR is in Orlando this morning. Expecting to be delivered to me here in Vero Beach in a couple hours. Going to take it for a ride and then put her up in a nice high and dry spot inside a concrete garage all covered up for the storm. 

I will be heading "South" about 60 miles to my 90 year old mothers house to ride out the storm with her. She has a concrete block house with concrete tile roof and hurricane shutters on all the windows and doors. She is all stocked up with needed supplies and I am bringing my Honda generator with me for the inevitable power loss. My EU2000 should provide enough juice to run the refrigerator and computer so we can keep everything charged up.

I am all set to close on my new house in Vero in 3 weeks, so looking to see how well it fairs in a Cat 4/5 hurricane before actually buying! It is CBS construction with architectural roofing shingles. Hurricane shutters are up on the windows and doors and the house is elevated so no worries of flooding. It should be fine.

Edited by John01XX
  • Upvote 1

No issues with either the new house or the new bike, thank you for asking.

As everyone knows that has had dealings with him, Scott gave me an incredible deal and the transaction went smooth as butter.

Got her out yesterday for a decent shakedown ride mainly to learn all the fancy electronics. Put almost 100 miles yesterday and another 65 today.

learning how to take the basic stuff apart this morning and installing 2 Yamaha helmet locks with a custom bracket I got from the FJR forum guys.

I figured out how to key the helmet locks to the ignition key and will now mount them in the morning.I will add a couple more farkles in the next week or two such as a touring windscreen and a passenger back rest so my girlfriend can ride with me. Maybe a pair of slip-on cans for a mild sound improvement.

Just got to get her broken in and the first service completed at 600 miles and then put some more miles on her. 

Very comfy and smooth and will be enjoying her immensely. (the bike and the girlfriend).

The new house was not effected by the hurricane at all. I don't thing it even lost power there. Closing date set for Oct. 6th, can't wait to move in.

• Upvote 2

On 9/16/2017 at 4:31 PM, John01XX said:

No issues with either the new house or the new bike, thank you for asking.

As everyone knows that has had dealings with him, Scott gave me an incredible deal and the transaction went smooth as butter.

Got her out yesterday for a decent shakedown ride mainly to learn all the fancy electronics. Put almost 100 miles yesterday and another 65 today.

learning how to take the basic stuff apart this morning and installing 2 Yamaha helmet locks with a custom bracket I got from the FJR forum guys.

I figured out how to key the helmet locks to the ignition key and will now mount them in the morning.I will add a couple more farkles in the next week or two such as a touring windscreen and a passenger back rest so my girlfriend can ride with me. Maybe a pair of slip-on cans for a mild sound improvement.

Just got to get her broken in and the first service completed at 600 miles and then put some more miles on her. 

Very comfy and smooth and will be enjoying her immensely. (the bike and the girlfriend).

The new house was not effected by the hurricane at all. I don't thing it even lost power there. Closing date set for Oct. 6th, can't wait to move in.

This is one of the only places where I have the opportunity to see very positive things go down..good on you and everyone else involved. Enjoy you have worked for it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John01XX said:

I have to get past the 600 mile break-in period before I consider any other farkles or performance mods!

Until you ride for enough miles to get to know it well, you won't really know how to farkle for the better.   But you know that and Slapper was just being Slapper.