CBR1100XX.org Forum

Truck Tire recommendations if you please...

cecome

I have a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab and the stock tires lasted about 34k. The truck stays on  paved roads. Mostly highway miles. Almost never carry a load and have never hitched up anything to tow. Anyone have suggestions for a good quality tire that might outlast the stockers?

Toyo OpenCountry AT2.

I have run multiple sets of them. They wear very well and are relatively quiet. Will almost definitely be putting a set on the new truck soon.

I was just told at the tire shop last week while getting trailer tires that the Nittos are essentially the same tire. Same company or parent company. They just look a little different. No idea if thats true but have no reason to doubt it.

GOING WITH THE 

Kumho Crugen HT51

570.00 OUT THE DOOR INSTALLED 70K WARRANTY

I DO APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK BUT THE A/T TIRES AREN'T REALLY MY NEED.

sorry for the caps but I just don't need to retype this.

Kumho Crugen HT51

Edited by cecome
wanted to add a thank you to the folks that gave me feedback.

Dad just put Kumho's on the Lincoln Town Car.  He's previously had them on a Chrysler Town and Country, a Nissan Maxima, and an Infiniti I30 (same car basically.)  He got nearly 105k out of the set on the Town and Country, the Infiniti got totaled by my brother, and the Maxima still has those tires on it and are probably due simply on date code.  They LAST.

That being said, my state vehicle has Michelins on it and it hit 91k today on the stock tires.  Still going.

9 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

after searching I decided on these

was going to go up in size a weeee little bit and it doubled the price per tire.

http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/cooper/275%2F60-20+cooper+discoverer+a%2Ft3+suv+115t+owl.html

That is what I have on my truck and I like them.   $119.50 for a 275/60-20  seems dirt cheap compared to what I paid but I take it you have to add shipping and mount/balance.

I love the General Grabber UHP.  Not exactly long wearing (40-50K), but wet weather performance is awesome, especially for an unloaded pick-up.  They are a directional summer tire, but I didn't think they were that bad the one time I had them in some snow.  Plus, they are cheap through Tirerack.com.

Edited by jon haney

Geeze Oh Man this is almost like an oil thread....sorry to the old timers on that one. I have new rubber and have actually noticed better performance already. Will keep all posted. Thanks to all who returned the love. I did get 4 installed for 570.30 not a bad deal in my part of town. Could have easily spent 1k to get the shitty stockers.