CBR1100XX.org Forum

power commander

NoOne65

Power Commander is not a true plug and play, on my 2001 Bird I added a new PC and a Tri Y exhaust ( unfortunately you cant get these anymore)

new iridium plugs, and block off plates.on a Dinojet chassis Dynamometer It was possible  to achieve 163 rear wheel horse power. dropping my primary sprocket down one tooth got me to 10sec. 1/4 mile times. My Busa buddies just hate it.

The Power Commander is well worth the investment.

012.JPG

blackbird pipes 008.JPG

blackbird pipes 009.JPG

The tri-y headers that mate close to the head are done for ease of installation/clearance and low cost, not really great for performance.  They're a low buck easy option to get something that's a little better flowing and much lighter than an iron log manifold.  In cases where the stock manifold is super shitty anything will be an improvement, but compared to something like what's on the Bird they'd be a performance killer.

This is a racing thin wall stainless steel equal length tube Tri Y pipe made by Micron Limited in England, with an optional Street Muffler. the US distributer told me   they are out of business and this was in the last batch sent to the US.

1 hour ago, srideaux said:

This is a racing thin wall stainless steel equal length tube Tri Y pipe made by Micron Limited in England, with an optional Street Muffler. the US distributer told me   they are out of business and this was in the last batch sent to the US.

Out of curiosity, do you have a photo of it off the bike? 

• 2 months later...