CBR1100XX.org Forum

Do you have a septic tank?

RXX

I have been having what appears to be an infestation of tiny beetles in my bathroom. Been going on for a couple of months and I was worried about them coming from some structural rotting, which was pretty unlikely due to the location.

Turns out they are coming from a box of Rid X in the corner. Looked it up and it is a thing. 

So if you keep that box around for the whole 5 months, you may want to put it in a ziplock bag.

Rid X is pouring dollar bills down the toilet for no reason.  The septic tank creates it's own organisms to control what's in it.  It's a marketing ploy like Harley Davidson and Fram filters.  Had my tank pumped late last year for the first time (been here for 7 years) and the guy said to look up the calculators online to determine pump intervals for your tank.  Looks like I won't need to see him for at least 20 years according to that.  He also said to look up what the recommendations are for what goes in the tank and what doesn't, and how Rid X is not needed.  Put that money aside for an inevitable cracked tank lid, because whether they are made out of concrete or fiberglass, they WILL eventually crack.

14 hours ago, Furbird said:

Rid X is pouring dollar bills down the toilet for no reason.  The septic tank creates it's own organisms to control what's in it.  It's a marketing ploy like Harley Davidson and Fram filters.  Had my tank pumped late last year for the first time (been here for 7 years) and the guy said to look up the calculators online to determine pump intervals for your tank.  Looks like I won't need to see him for at least 20 years according to that.  He also said to look up what the recommendations are for what goes in the tank and what doesn't, and how Rid X is not needed.  Put that money aside for an inevitable cracked tank lid, because whether they are made out of concrete or fiberglass, they WILL eventually crack.

Won't argue your point at all. BUT wifey didn't have indoor plumbing till 1960 and has been on septic systems most of her life. SHE buys the Ridx and I make enough money to not rock the boat by "educating" her.

The beetle infestation was your perfect opportunity to X the Rid-X.

Does the stuff attract beetles in the environment or are they a free bonus?

Perhaps you should leave a link open on the computer that explains how they actually work.  They also go into why you shouldn't use those chemical tabs in your toilet tanks or that hang off the rim of the bowl, why you should buy TP that specifically states "septic safe", what you should absolutely NEVER flush down the toilet, all that stuff that people really have no clue about.

http://www.nesc.wvu.edu/subpages/septic_defined.cfm

https://www.epa.gov/septic/how-your-septic-system-works

http://www.septicsystem.com/additives/

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:44 PM, RXX said:

Won't argue your point at all. BUT wifey didn't have indoor plumbing till 1960 and has been on septic systems most of her life. SHE buys the Ridx and I make enough money to not rock the boat by "educating" her.

Wisdom that comes with the years. Pick your battles. 

• Upvote 1