CBR1100XX.org Forum

Parting out 2000 1100xx

Greetings XX riders,

First time forum user.   Figured I'd let the XX world discover my bike.   I have a clean 2000 model FI 1100xx that had 6800 legit miles when registered, and still less than 7500 miles when crashed.  

May dilemna is the bike overall isn't in terrible condition after the wreck, and I had full intentions of rebuild but finding it hard to locate all needed parts, primarily the FI instrument gauge cluster which got wiped out.  I'm starting with gauges before I commit to the rest of the build parts since they are the hardest to find. For value purposes, I'd rather see the bike back together since it has such low miles, but can't prove mileage now that the odometer was scattered across the highway. 

Im also needing windshield, headlight, mirrors, brackets, fairings, some wire harnesses, bars, switches, & other odds and ends to put it back together. To say the least I would build and sell or simply less as is if anyone is craving a new engine and misc parts. 

Anyone know who may have some good uses parts to help my build on this 2000?

Or... anyone interested in a 2000 year 1100xx bike and complete engine and attached parts with less than 7500 miles located in North Texas ?  Guessing I'd start price at a hopeful $2000. Or make me an offer for pickup. Have title to bike. 

Reply or PM me I will try and keep an eye on the forum board.   

thanks for viewing and any input,

NotthTexXX

I'll bet somebody could get this back on the road for under $3000. Start with my bodywork set available at $300, you would need gauges, headlight, switches, more...doable. Only Having only 7500 miles really makes it more appealing.

Yeah I wish I had proof but my gauges scraped off, other than mileage entered by my last vehicle state inspection.  It was an Incredibly smooth running bike. 

Take a look to see if anyone may have a pile of parts to help my re-build, or taking it off my hands would be even better.  I'd rebuild to sell anyway, like Sandman said the mileage is incredible just wish I hadn't put it in a highway construction sandwich.  Lost to two midsize sedans.  

Pretty certain other than the visible road rash and obvious attachments lost on the 1100xx, the drivetrain should be intact.

See pics...  time to find some $$$ to pay these dang Hospital bills !!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

Salvage title or clean?  That right side frame damage would be a bear.  You can't exactly pull that back out, and that's the main fairing mount for the right side, so you'd have to do some rigging (or know an aluminum welder that could build you a new tower.)  The forks look twisted, although that could be the camera angle.  Your state may be mileage exempt (10+ years is exempt in Alabama) so the mileage isn't that big of an issue.  I know it sucks, but you're probably better off selling it as a parts bike and finding something else (once you heal up.)

Yes clean blue texas title, and does say exempt mileage.   

I'm hoping it's the angle of the pic, I kind of was at an angle snapping the front photos.  I would rebuild and see if there is any sway or drift on the alignment after bike is back together, hoping not.  

I will keep my feelers out to see if anyone may have a use for the low mileage engine swap on their 1100xx and perhaps eBay the rest 

I like where this is going...

thanks Redbird !

Anyone pending in making a desicion just shoot me a reasonable offer.  

Or... After viewing it today with a little more depth, I may venture to rebuild if anyone chimes in with a FI gauge cluster and headlight laying around. I know I seem indecisive, Just kicking some ideas out there to get the ball rolling.  Wanting to thank those chiming in and assisting in any way possible. 

NorthTexXX

Oh, I've got those things, no problem. 

The price may not fit into a rat build budget.  You could make it into a naked for not much money.

The tank will be hard to fix, the frame is enough of an issue to total the bike, and while I don't see anything grossly out of place, something doesn't look right about the forks, can't put my eye on it.  Perhaps just the curvature of the camera lens.

• Upvote 1