CBR1100XX.org Forum

99 brake discs

engRish...

https://japan.webike.net/HONDA/CBR1100XX+SUPERBLACKBIRD/Brake+Discs/312/1012/mc/

Do you know what happened to yours or did it just develop gradually?

I went with EBC. My wife and occasionally the kids ride it. I wanted to try to do it right.

The local shop quoted two piece riveted, but the part s that came were one piece.

They work well and the pulsing has gone away.

Edited by XXitanium

9 hours ago, NoOne65 said:

I bought some wavy discs and the brakes are "pulsing"...I am thinking they are warped BUT like an idiot I threw the stock ones out thinking I wouldnt need them

Unbolt them and verify there's nothing between the rotors and wheel causing it.  If all's good there try for a refund or exchange.  If you can't return them check the buttons to make sure they're not jammed up.  I accidentally warped a rotor once doing a tire change.  I found where the warp was and was able to pull on it by hand & the pulse went away.  Get the front in the air and spin the tire to figure out which is warped where.  You can hold something against the fork like a screwdriver with the tip at or near the rotor and see where the high/low areas are while it spins.

24 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

Like a magic marker. 

I doubt it requires magic, but might as well use every advantage possible.

Good idea!

• Upvote 1

Set up the bike with the front wheel off the ground and firmly locked to the steering stop. Use a dial indicator to check for runout. I have heard brake pad deposits on the rotors can also cause pulsing.

• 1 month later...