CBR1100XX.org Forum

Color Codes for Blackbird Model Years

XXitanium

I've got some stuff that I'm thinking of painting/getting painted. 

I tried a search for color codes. My local automotive dealer can probably get it for me, but I was wondering if any of the collective minds might know a good shortcut (I haven't tried Google or "The Premium site")

Anyone know the color code for 2000 Titanium?

* scuffed mirrors - most important.

* a set of luggage that's banging around the Midwest on it's way to me.

*1979 -yes, that's 1979 - bodywork.

* How hard is it to color match a helmet?

Try going to a paint shop with the bike or a clean part off of it and have it matched.  I tried getting some for my white '99 Ford, should be simple right?  Even the dealer doesn't sell the right white, but it's listed as being the Z1 white on my truck's ID sticker.  I had a shop do it using the number and it was much better than Ford and Duplicolor, but not quite there.  I then took the truck over and he got it as close as my eyes can tell.  I bought a small brush top jar and it was under half the price of the brush top jar from the dealer which looked exactly like the Duplicolor jar with a different label.  I returned the Ford paint.

A paint shop can get you a few ounces like I got up to gallons.  They can even make spray cans if you don't have a sprayer.  They might even know an experienced guy that can do it for you at a reasonable cost.

I do have a compressor and a spray gun.

I've done a car, a 1/2 ton truck, a topper (cap), and a couple snowmobile hoods in my time.

I even did touch-up on the bed rails on my brother's white chevy quite a few years ago. I did the match thing there and only got close, but he was happy.

i'm wondering if I got a paint shop number would it be good to post back here?

Edited by XXitanium

Their phone number or paint number?  I assume nobody would have their own numbers for standard colors that already have a code, but they might give you the recipe that the code calls for.  Pretty much useless information and there's a chance they'll have to tweak it to the eye afterward anyway.

Part number/ code.

Hmm' i had it in my head that if you got the red, green, and blue components with the hue it was a done deal.

I guess different manufacturers would have different part numers.

Edited by XXitanium

I don't know about the Ti color, but the 2001 red is a candy, and needs the correct base coat to come out right.  I think the same thing is true for the 2003 black. It has some type of silver in it.

I would double or tripple up on the clear coat.  The red coat is easily scratched.

• Upvote 1

Oh shit...Bill, you know the bags are covered in bed liner, right? I just read our PM's and I don't see me mentioning it there, though I would have sworn I did somewhere. Totally my bad if that didn't get covered, I had a lot of transactions related to parting the bike out going on for a bit.

I still haven't cashed your check. If the bed liner is a deal breaker let me know and I'll return it.

• 3 years later...