CBR1100XX.org Forum

2016 BMW R1200RT $16,999 (SOLD)

Gauging interest. It has 5 miles on it. It's never been ridden. Has about $2000 in extras on it. 

They are selling for $23,500 + tax.  So add in the $2000 of extras and the $850 BMW GPS - you can see where it's at. 

If you'd seriously be interested - reach out.

You'd be buying it used - so the BOS can be written for a significant amount under. 

Plus - the $$$ I'd be discounting it.

Serious inquiries only. Not a motivated seller but would sell it. 

Text me - 862///579///8973 

Edited by DBLXX

8 hours ago, racer212 said:

Seriously dude? Selling - never ridden? Just as the season hits? That's a new low for you!

Dave's ADD is your gain. :lol:

Dave, love you big time, but it seems so silly to buy something and put so much into it just to sell it after hardly using it.  My dad did that with sailboats (bought worn down ones, refurbished them, used them for a short while then sold them), but it was his "therapy."  I think my mom would have killed him when one considers how much $$$ he put into these projects (although he probably broke even when they sold).

• Upvote 1

Money is an 'issue' for most of us, but not for Dave... it seems(?).   It shows mostly, when he decides to sell something to a board member at a price they would n e v e r find anywhere else.

Who has the issue here....? :rolleyes:

Agreed....

I'm mindful of what may affect my future - but agree with you.

Hey - if someone who was seriously interested in a new BMW R1200RT and would rather pay BMW $5000 more and put that $1500 in extras on it themselves - have at it :)

7 hours ago, OrganDonor said:

Where are all the folks who claimed dibs when he bought it?

Maybe broke like me, well most probably aren't that broke.  I could maybe give him $1000 for it, and might have to ask that he take payments.  He's pretty cool with pricing the stuff he sells, but not that extreme.

I think he's probably making up for other things missing in his life, but no harm no foul...actually better because others get to benefit.  Or I'm completely wrong.  There's probably a name for his condition, but most people do similar to some level.  Get something new, farkle it, maybe rub & caress it a few times, then move along.  I do it on the cheap; buy something old & broken or otherwise shitty, farkle it (aka make it work and usually not beautify it at all) then usually sell it once it's done.  Usually with intent to make some money on it, but there's been a few times I thought it would become a keeper and after grueling hours of work find that it's just not gonna be what I want or that it's just not worth keeping for $ reasons.  If I had Dave money I'd need a warehouse or 20 to store all my toys, he's smart enough to move through them.  Speaking of which; did I miss where he sold the Vette or does he still have it.

• Upvote 1

Coming along. Stalled a bit because of the recent freeze. 

Not really the reason for the Jeep. The reason for the Jeep - I'm tired of letting my OCD run my life and hoping that because it's a "Jeep" I can just forget about condition and just enjoy it. 

Not easy for me to do.

And because of Carlos. He inspired me to get one too. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DBLXX said:

Coming along. Stalled a bit because of the recent freeze. 

Not really the reason for the Jeep. The reason for the Jeep - I'm tired of letting my OCD run my life and hoping that because it's a "Jeep" I can just forget about condition and just enjoy it. 

Not easy for me to do.

And because of Carlos. He inspired me to get one too. 

Hmmm.  Jeeps are just as much OCD enablers in my opinion although hard to keep looking perfect once you take them off road.  I obsessed about mine until my wife came home after driving it and there was a large chunk of paint missing from the hood.  That was when it had about 1500 miles on it.  Traded it for my truck once it hit 2000 miles.

Like you I buy a ton of shit, never or barely use it then sell it.  Just who I am.  People often don't believe that I am selling a new item until they see it.

If I was looking for a bike, I would have snapped up your BMW minutes after you posted.  Almost wish I needed one.

• 5 months later...

$16,999 here only. 

3000 miles

GPS and Sargent seat. It included but will discount heavily if interested. Also have a few other items not included but again, will discount heavily. 

Premium Package w/shift assist and keyless. About $8K off. 

Edited by DBLXX

1 minute ago, blackhawkxx said:

You said elsewhere that it is the best bike that you ever owned.  Tired of it or got your eye on something else?

I'm going with both for the win be interesting to see what Dave buys next