CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS: 1999 Blackbird

SOLD

Price lowered to $4500

First year for fuel injection, in excellent condition. It is a Canadian model that was properly imported into the US; clear title in hand. Just under 14k miles and like new except for a few tiny nicks that have been touched up (caused by a set of bags installed by the previous owner). It was originally owned by the owner of a Honda dealer who had it stored for many years. All fluids changed in July 2016. Newer tires, battery and K&N air filter so nothing is needed. Runs and shifts as new. Extras include a Givi wind screen, custom covered gel insert seat, peg lowering kit, smoke front and clear rear turn signal lenses, Two brothers slip on mufflers, frame plugs, and owners and service manuals. Garage kept and covered in Palm Coast FL. If you don't know the history of these bikes use Google you will learn all that you need, and needless to say this forum has provided a wealth of information over the years. I have had 4 of these during my 36 years of riding but I am ready to experience a ZX-14, and I don't ride enough to justify keeping 2 bikes, along with my 4 wheel vehicles. Asking $5,000.

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

Edited by BobZ
SOLD

Thanks, whomever buys it will get a real nice Bird. I've had plenty of offers from my Craigslist ads but needless to say they are low and without seeing it in person - it looks better in person than in the pictures.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, BobZ said:

I've had plenty of offers from my Craigslist ads but needless to say they are low and without seeing it

Those people annoy me, I just ignore them.  I've learned through my sales and friends' sales that most are just gonna lowball as far as possible, many of them looking for something they can re-sell.  First time I got an unseen offer on something it wasn't too terribly low and I really wanted the car gone ASAP so I accepted.  He shows up and starts nit-picking, all defects I had clearly stated in the ad, and trying to lower the price more.  I told him no and he went on about how it's not gonna sell for more, blabla bla.  Just then a no-show from earlier arrives apologizing that his car broke and he had to get a ride from a friend.  He says if this guy isn't buying it I'll take it right now at asking price.  I let him keep $100 so he could tow his other car home.  Turns out Mr. low ball was so confident he'd get me to sell he told his ride to go home....and didn't realize his phone and wallet were in the car.

When I get a retarded offer I sometimes play with them, I accept it then I string them along 'till it sells or they give up.

Ha, I am doing that with someone now who keeps offering me $3500. He just told me that since I have not sold it yet I should take his offer. But he has refused my offer to come over and see it. I know it is 18 years old but it is a nice well cared for bike that someone can ride anywhere so while I am open to work with someone I am in no way desperate to sell her. To sweeten the deal I even have a shipper that lives fairly close to me that will transport it to someone for a great price via his enclosed trailer.

Edited by BobZ

If I had the money to spare, I'd offer you $3500, but I wouldn't be rude about it.

Tell him okay, you'll meet him at Walmart and to look for a red XX and your wife will have a yellow corvette to give you a ride home.

After he spends an hour there waiting for you, maybe he'll stop bothering you.

• Upvote 1

Good one. He lives in Tampa so he would be pretty pissed if he drove all that way for nothing!

I have had quite a bit of interest but as usual, someone has to sell something else, check with their wife or dog, etc.

4 minutes ago, BobZ said:

I have had quite a bit of interest but as usual, someone has to sell something else, check with their wife or dog, etc.

This is why I hate most people. If you want to browse go to the fucking mall.