CBR1100XX.org Forum

For Sale: SV1000 Track Bike Again 2018

I love this bike, but perhaps its time for a new owner, and maybe its time I reeled it in a bit. Not getting younger, y'know.  Plus, I've come to the realization that this little gem is actually keeping me from building an XX track bike, which I've been wanting to do for  years.  Its to easy to just go out and hit the starter on this one and it works so well.

So here for sale is the SV1000 track bike that many of you have seen at Jennings or some of the other track days. I purchased this bike from Redbird, so you know the build was done correctly. Rather than relisting it all, I'll use his original sale ad for the specs and modify as appropriate.

"2003 SV1000 track bike, Ohio junk title- this bike CANNOT BE TITLED FOR STREET USE, period. Not salvage, not rebuild- junk, as in scrap. I don't care if your uncle knows a guy in Sasketchewan who dated a chick at the DMV who once did her brother a favor and got a junk title back on the street, it ain't gonna happen here. This is a track only bike unless you replace the frame."

Bought in late 2008 as project bike with ~13,000 miles. Original build documented here. Donor bike was torn down and pretty much completely rebuilt. The next year it was stripped down to the frame for the powder coating and gone over thoroughly again. Odo reads 17,xxx reflecting a few track miles as it had 16,247 when Redbird sold it, and that's off a bit due to the gearing (-1 front, +2 rear).

Mods-
-2006 GSXR 600 front end conversion, 2008 front wheel (lighter), stock valving, sprung for 220-230lbs.
-2006 GSXR rear wheel
-Brembo 19x20 front master cylinder, R6 monoblock calipers w/Vesrah RJL pads..
-Penke triple adjustable rear shock, again sprung for 240lbs.
-Yosh 3/4 system, stainless pipes w/aluminum can, which has a moderate dent in it which looks huge from some angle.
-PCIII (downloaded map)
-Suzuki equivelent of PAIR valve delete.
-Delrin frame, swingarm and front axle sliders that show proof of their proper function.
-Billet mini rear brake resevoir
-Vortex adjustable rearsets
-Vortex keyless gas cap
-Vortex clip ons.
-Vortex Fairing stay with a repair by Redneck Engineering, Inc.
-Custom subframe (okay, it's the stocker that was bent all to hell that somebodyI took a sawzall, sledgehammer and a can of spraypaint to)
-Ignition delete (no key)
-Braided brake and clutch lines.
-Custom one-off upper triple w/Scotts steering damper mount, powder coated black, damper included
-Frame powder coated red.
-Rattle canned black race bodywork. Minor scuffs and rash but no cracks.
-Pazzo brake and clutch levers.
Some kind of sticky street legal tires.
-520 conversion."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bike is ugly and worn. It was down when Redbird had it and down again in my ownership. Most all those sharp edges are wore off by now. The tank has a crease in it since I got it but works fine. Runs well and is a whole lot of fun in a small package.

I'm taking it to RacerXX for March 8th, 2018. Available after that, or for the right consideration, you can take possession before then. Because I'm traveling From Pennsylvania to Florida, delivery is highly considerable anywhere near the Atlantic states.

$2000  ---- A quick review of the parts on the big auction site shows just the major items could quickly sell for over 2k. if you're a forum member, there's a couple things I'm interested in, so shoot me a PM if you have an interest and we can talk. $1500

Thanks!

IMG_20170302_080212_692.jpg

IMG_20170302_080241_055.jpg

IMG_20170302_080449_648.jpg

IMG_20170302_080605_400.jpg

I'm still teetering on the fence with this.  I'm so tempted to just raid the bits and force them onto a track XX.  I strongly doubt I'd ever sell if it had Honda stamped on the frame and engine. The suspension is dialed in, the brakes are like arresting cables.  The only thing I'd really upgrade is to put on a quick turn throttle.  Of course it needs cosmetic help...its my bike. 

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/2/2017 at 1:02 PM, Redbird said:

You could just tape over the Suzuki logos and tell yourself it's a Superhawk, only much better. :)

On 3/2/2017 at 2:40 PM, rockmeupto125 said:

Or a 996.  :P

:mellow: