CBR1100XX.org Forum

'02 XX part out, can deliver to RacerXX

Okay, gents, I have what's left of an '02 XX sitting in my garage that I need to finally close the book on. It's uncrashed and complete with the exceptions listed below-

Forks- gone

Rear shock- gone

Gauge cluster- gone

Front wheel/rotors- gone

Seat- gone

Motor- gone (still have FI, wiring, etc.)

ECU- gone

Rear rotor- gone

Switch pods, left and right- gone

Undertail- gone

Body kit- sale pending

Front pegs- gone (just the pegs, mounts are still here)

I think everything else is still out there. I figured if there's any interest in larger items RacerXX might be a good nexus to utilize the .org network to distribute them and avoid the cost and PITA of shipping. I'm not looking to cash in on this stuff, just need to clear it out.

Larger items of note-

*Motor SOLD - ~115k on it, new stator. Was running great when the stator went to shit 4+ years ago, hasn't been started since.

*Frame- clear and clean title. I still need to transfer the title to myself, so a delay may be possible on that.

*Bodywork SALE PENDING- complete OEM set, tank, mirror housings and grab rail, all of it. No cracks or significant damage, but it's all been coated in DIY bedliner, yes the tank, too. I think it looks badass, but then again I'm the one who decided to do it. For those concerned about the additional weight, less than 1/2 gallon of Heculiner was used on all of it, maybe 4 pounds before it cured. I'm willing to deal on the body set in particular because it probably all needs to go to the same buyer and it would be a huge pain to ship. Go ahead and lowball me.

*Rear wheel with a five year old but low mileage (~500) PR3 (I think) mounted.

And the rest of the bike with noted exceptions. You need something, let me know, this shit needs to be gone.

edit-  I spoke to soon as far as "uncrashed", as I've now noticed a bit of rash on the stator cover. Still, nothing is bent or cracked and the bodywork is undamaged under the coating beyond what you'd expect after 100k+ miles.

Curiosity about

Electrical mainly computer (have a pc?) 

Headlight housing, taillight

Seat

Tool strap :D 

Stock or aftermarket header?

Stock pegs or rearsets?

Bedliner really? Sounds like something i would do... i just did my brand new truck tool boxes.. i wanted black and tough, they only came in polished alum. 

Edited by The Krypt Keeper

Electrical mainly computer (have a pc?) - Have ECU, no pc (I'm assuming "power commander")

Headlight housing, taillight- Have both, completely intact

Seat- have seat, no damage that I recall but will double check

Tool strap :D not sure, but if it's here, it's yours.

Stock or aftermarket header? Stock

Stock pegs or rearsets? Stock, and now that I think about it I think the right one might be partially or completely gone. Maybe just the brake pedal? Have to check.

Joe, you have a PM.

Let me know what you need for the seat and tool strap.

(thought about doing a projector or LED style headlight and taillight but would rather the parts go to someone who may need them instead of me cutting them up as a project)

I am cool with paypal, cash, hugs, beer ect ect

can pick up at racerXX

In order of need/preference:

left and right handlebar switch modules, with the wiring harness as far back as you are willing to yank.

rear wheel rotor

undertail

ecm (if not gotten by Krypt)

And, I can offer this: Whatever is left over, I have this big-ass barn that has a second floor designed to hold shit. Rather there, to be offered on an as-needed basis than the dumpster.

I am a member of a moto-guzzi group that seems to have a centralized parts crypt for the rapidly declining supply.

• Upvote 1

Phillip, you've got dibs on the listed parts with the exception of the right switch pod. It's not on the bike so I might have sold it already and forgot. It might also be somewhere else here, if it is, it's yours. We'll work out pricing between now and March- I'll be nice :)

Oh, and whatever I end up left with will not go in the dumpster. After this sell off whatever is left will get stored here. The main point was to free up the space in the garage, with the motor gone that will become much easier.

Now someone make me an offer on the bodywork. That shit takes up a lot of space.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if you still have the pilot foot pegs.  Mine are almost worn out and I need a new set.

As for the bodywork I guess it is silver since it is an '02?  Do you have a full set: front fender, side panels, rear section?  I might be interested if they are in good shape and we can work out a good price for both of us.

Thanks.

Yes, I believe both front pegs are here, will confirm next time I'm out in the garage.

The bodywork, yes, it's a complete set, but it ain't silver anymore. See original post for explanation. Shipping a whole body kit to Oakland would probably offset any deal I could offer you, anyway. And I'll be honest, I'm really trying to avoid having to box all that shit up.

• 1 month later...