CBR1100XX.org Forum

An alternative to squats that doesn't involve buying a leg press?

Redbird

Sorry, I missed the Lunges comment.

Another good workout is Bosu-Ball squats.  Though I work out in a gym I bought a Bosu-Ball for additional home workouts.

The exercise not only works the legs but it strengthens the core and the back. I finish my leg workouts with 4-5 sets. By then your body is so fatigued you don't need anything more than your own body weight.

In this study, researchers recommended an unstable surface, such as the BOSU ball for rehabilitation of lower back pain conditions. This no-load balance training improves the strength and conditioning of your lower back muscles, important in your ability to perform everyday movements. 

These exercises may also help you prevent lower back pain by improving strength and balance even if you have not suffered an injury.

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2016/09/30/bosu-ball-squats.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 7:57 AM, TFT said:

Sorry, I missed the Lunges comment.

Another good workout is Bosu-Ball squats.  Though I work out in a gym I bought a Bosu-Ball for additional home workouts.

The exercise not only works the legs but it strengthens the core and the back. I finish my leg workouts with 4-5 sets. By then your body is so fatigued you don't need anything more than your own body weight.

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2016/09/30/bosu-ball-squats.aspx

IMO bosu ball squats are sub optimal at best.

Doing regular squats or pretty much any exercise where you are lifting heavy weights will strengthen your back and core.

Adding the ball just makes it nearly impossible to lift to your potential and probably adds an extra probability of injury if you do try to do it heavy.

Just my opinion though.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I fixed my gun a few months ago, Mike finally got off the roids; have you figured out your squats yet?

And I figured something out about AR15s, don't buy a Colt.  The NOS 1989 HBAR I sold to my friend was having issues, turned out to be a problem with the bolt carrier.  The slot for the cam pin was machined wrong and hanging it up.  I dremelized it and it seems to have worked but hasn't been put under fire to verify.  May just be a coincidence that the only two Colts I've been around had issues, or their QC just sucks.

Did you get drunk and accidentally wander into the health forum?

On 10/1/2017 at 7:40 AM, superhawk996 said:

I fixed my gun a few months ago, Mike finally got off the roids; have you figured out your squats yet?

And I figured something out about AR15s, don't buy a Colt.  The NOS 1989 HBAR I sold to my friend was having issues, turned out to be a problem with the bolt carrier.  The slot for the cam pin was machined wrong and hanging it up.  I dremelized it and it seems to have worked but hasn't been put under fire to verify.  May just be a coincidence that the only two Colts I've been around had issues, or their QC just sucks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardCranium said:

Did you get drunk and accidentally wander into the health forum?

I'd just woken up, it's possible I was still drunk but probably not.

We'd talked about my malfunctioning AR earlier in this thread, Aunt 0 recently got his hemorrhoid chopped; it's all clear as mud in my brain so keep up fucker.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The best yet!

I started lifting potato bags

First a 1lb bag held in each outstretched hand, straight out to the sides. Held for 1 min.

Then I moved up to a 5 lb bag

Then a 10 lb bag

Now I'm at a 25 lb bag held straight out for 1 min.

Next I'll start with a potato in each bag

• Like 1