CBR1100XX.org Forum

Curious about interchangeable parts maintenance questions

Germankeyser

So I got my cbr a little over a month ago and was curious on what all swingarms fit from other bikes also curious about the options of forks I could use. Then the dummy I bought the bike from tried to do his own breaks and messed up. So before I get started on these items. I wanted to know what other rims (since one is bent also not my fault) swing arms and forks fit on it. Then there's the brake leading sequence. I assume farthest from lever first and work my way in. 

First,

Welcome.

People have put RC and ZX forks ( with wheels) on the XX. But not a straight bolt on.

There were two different wheels over the years. I forget where the break over point was.

Ill try to find and link one of the more recent threads on bleeding. It will probably have my experience in it. The process works, but the theory of the rear brake may be flawed.

I remember a single side swing arm installed on a couple.

And Stan made a awesome quad of one. Plus he did the ZX front end swap.

The garage search engine does find many threads from the older forum format. Use quotes " " and generic words. And be prepared to read a lot of threads to find what you want. 

Also check out Useful thread section.

Brake bleed thread

Mikes ZX thread

Edited by redxxrdr
  • Upvote 2