CBR1100XX.org Forum

Vehicle Lift Recommendation

Zero Knievel

Since I double posted and had an empty post I will add a pic of a pistol I should not have sold, or at leas not for only $1250. Thread Hi-Jack.

HKM13.jpg

Edited by TOXXIC

11 minutes ago, TOXXIC said:

Curious to hear how tall the HF stands are.

Tallest I see are the 12ton at 30 1/8".  They don't seem to have a "tall" version, they just get taller as they get bigger load ratings so the 6 ton is a bit shorter, then the 3ton.  The specs are on their website.  The price takes a huge jump going to the 12ton.  My tall stands are a pair that I think are 6ton and a pair of massive fuckers that are 20-30 ton.  It's raining so I ain't gonna go look.  The lighter duty ones have more fine teeth than normal which is nice sometimes in trying to get something just right, the big boys have understandably coarse teeth and guessing they weight 30+ lb. ea.

A cheap way to a tall stand is a block under a short one, I've used hunks of lumber many times.  Never use a cinder block as I've seen people do, they can crumble with no warning.

I have a set of these-

4.jpg

At 24" they're easily tall enough for the truck. They also came in handy as stands for the track bike- put 'em under the frame sliders and you could strip the whole thing down to motor and frame. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:53 AM, TOXXIC said:

Curious to hear how tall the HF stands are.

They are 6 ton and are 24" tall that look like Redbird's but are orange and don't have the name on it.  I have four of them and four shorter ones. Together it seems to work for me but Aunt's standards must be higher than mine. 

Edited by blackhawkxx

• 3 weeks later...