CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gyde / Raveen heated jacket.

http://www.thewarmingstore.com/gerbing-gyde-calor-heated-puffer-jacket.html

So this is an interesting piece of gear that I recently got my hands on. I bought it because my wife wanted a heated jacket for the side by side, but wasn't thrilled about being "wired up". 

This jacket features a 7v Lithium Battery pack. Think of a big pack of spearmint gum or a small flip phone and you'd kind of have the idea. The jacket itself is pretty well insulated on its own and is designed to be more of an outer garment - aimed more at the hiking and outdoor crowd rather than the motorcycle community - but fits in place of the inner liner on my BMW jacket and I think would work well there in cold weather. Style and comfort wise, you could easily use this as a daily walking around jacket.

The reason I'm pointing this thing out is - its easy to wear, the battery is unobtrusive, and the heated elements are so fine you almost can't tell they are in the jacket. Power it up - it has buttons right on it, but there is a bluetooth app option for your phone - and its FUCKING WARM. On the "extreme" setting there is a warning not to wear against naked skin, and I believe it. The book says the battery will power it at extreme setting for two hours, or low for 8 hours. Unless you are shoveling sub-zero snow in northern Alaska, you won't need the extreme setting except for maybe a minute or two to warm up. Low will take a good edge off most reasonable cold - medium can get toasty after awhile in 20-25 degree weather walking around. I've been pretty impressed with the piece - especially given that this is the 7v version (there are 12v battery options I understand)

This piece is available under several different names, including Gerbings, but Gyde/Raveean seem to be the true source. 

Pro-Tip. There is a good motorcycle dealer in Montgomeryville PA - Montgomeryville Cycle Center. They are getting ready to do a major remodel inside and are BLOWING stuff out to clear the showroom. Lots of accessories, apparel etc. Cheapest place I've seen this jacket is $249 on Revzilla. MCC has a fair stock of these left for $139 - thats why I pulled trigger on it. Parts managers name is Scott if anyone want to talk to him about it.

• Upvote 2