CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wanted - Corbin Beetle Bags

On 12/23/2016 at 8:19 AM, XXitanium said:

I have a line on a set with no hardware whatsoever. I'm trying to figure how to rig them myself.

Just saw this, Bill. Are you talking about the set you're thinking about picking up from me? Those are Givis with a Wingrack, not Corbins. If you are still interested in those, drop me a line. We might be able to enlist Hobie to help get them to you via RacerXX, as I will be taking the car down this year and could bring them with.

Also, I'm not sure the hardware is missing, I just don't know where it is. I'll dig everything out this week and let you know, assuming you're still interested.

Sorry these are not spares.

There are no racks, only exactly what is in picture. three attachment points, muffler hanger with bracket, bungee hook and 1 from rear lift handle.

Can be rigged with trip to hardware store, just wont be as pretty.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Redbird said:

Those are Givis with a Wingrack, not Corbins. If you are still interested in those, drop me a line. ...

I'll dig everything out this week and let you know, assuming you're still interested.

Yup, thanks for the clarification.

I am indeed still interested.

I knew I needed s o m e t h i n g.

I am working 40 miles away now. I also want to use them for trips.  ... more trips. Lots more trips.

Edited by XXitanium

1 hour ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Let me understand this.

Redbird is trying to get a set of bags from Chicago to Florida so that a man from Wisconsin can have them.

Hey, it's inefficient, but free. Assuming we get Hobie on board.

Bill, I dug out the rack and bags, no sign of the hardware yet. That said, it's nothing that a trip to your local Ace probably won't solve. The rack mounts at the grab handle and rear pegs, it's most likely just a matter of sourcing slightly longer bolts of the proper thread.

• Upvote 1