Look Over This Parts List Please

Zero Knievel

Products Price
37760-MT2-003 SWITCH ASSY., THERMO $39.07
19305-MCA-A00 RUBBER, THERMOSTAT $5.68
19300-MAT-761 THERMOSTAT $30.81
19226-MAT-000 GASKET $3.53
16740-MAT-E02 REGULATOR, PRESSURE $42.28

I'm replacing the thermostat, temp sensor (fan switch) and FPR as a precaution given the age of the bike.  Anything I still need (particularly to change while doing the FPR)?

Mike,

The FPR was remove old, install new.

Caution,. use two wrenches. One on the rail, one on the FPR.

I know that you know this, but it is SO tempting to remove the regulator without holding both sides.

I hate to think what replacing a warped rail would cost.

Edited by redxxrdr

Thanks.  The parts diagram made me question if mating surfaces (like o-rings) needed to be changed at the same time.  I'm replacing the one on the coolant pump because it's not going back in correctly and I don't want a work seal on something like that.

9 hours ago, redxxrdr said:

Mike,

I laughed because I thought you meant replace Mike.

Are you draining the coolant? It may be a good time to change your hoses. 

12 hours ago, JoWhee said:

Are you draining the coolant? It may be a good time to change your hoses. 

I thought of that.  They look good, and there's a ton of them compared to other set ups.  It's not just the "upper" and "lower" hose.  If I replace any, I might need to replace all of them and that could be $$$ on the table.

The hose from the thermostat to radiator, the upper, is generally the first to go and in most cases degrades right at the thermostat outlet first, this is a general engine thing not a XX specific thing.  Look inside the hose and if it doesn't look chewed up and has no soft spots anywhere it's good.  If it looks bad at the outlet but nowhere else and can be trimmed a bit and still fit that'll add a lot of life to it.  You don't have to trim the bad part completely off, just enough that the bad part is no longer in the flow.  Putting the bad part under the clamp is fine, but if total removal still leaves enough hose then might as well do it.