CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 VFR800 - cheap. SOLD/DELIVERED

4 hours ago, racer212 said:

This is just one of the lines of drama in my life at the moment. Guy won the bike on Ebay and paid the $500 deposit back near Thanksgiving. He was supposed to come twice in December and canceled both times. Guy is a Fedex worker in Memphis - and claims during the holidays he is super busy and hectic - cant make it.

So here we are in January - almost February. I tell him he can either come get it or I am keeping his deposit and relisting it Feb 1. So he messages me last week and says he is flying in Saturday (Jan 28th) and will pick it up and ride it home. Then he asks me where I want to meet - and I tell him my house. Johnson City, TN. that's what the Ebay ad says. Then he proceeds to start whining that he is deadheading into Knoxville and I need to meet him there. This means 3 hours round trip for me. I say no, he proceeds to whine, and I say fuck it and agree to drag it there. Then he tells me he needs be there at 6am... uh no.

So I will drag it down to Knoxville tomorrow when the fuck I feel like getting up. Weather forecast is calling for cold and possible snow - I made sure dude knows this and brings warm gear. It got to be 7 hours or more home, on a bike he hasnt seen or ridden.. He says he'll be fine.

I see this turning into a cluster fuck.

Look for the bike to show back up for sale next week.

Sucker born every minute. 

17 hours ago, racer212 said:

This is just one of the lines of drama in my life at the moment. Guy won the bike on Ebay and paid the $500 deposit back near Thanksgiving. He was supposed to come twice in December and canceled both times. Guy is a Fedex worker in Memphis - and claims during the holidays he is super busy and hectic - cant make it.

So here we are in January - almost February. I tell him he can either come get it or I am keeping his deposit and relisting it Feb 1. So he messages me last week and says he is flying in Saturday (Jan 28th) and will pick it up and ride it home. Then he asks me where I want to meet - and I tell him my house. Johnson City, TN. that's what the Ebay ad says. Then he proceeds to start whining that he is deadheading into Knoxville and I need to meet him there. This means 3 hours round trip for me. I say no, he proceeds to whine, and I say fuck it and agree to drag it there. Then he tells me he needs be there at 6am... uh no.

So I will drag it down to Knoxville tomorrow when the fuck I feel like getting up. Weather forecast is calling for cold and possible snow - I made sure dude knows this and brings warm gear. It got to be 7 hours or more home, on a bike he hasnt seen or ridden.. He says he'll be fine.

I see this turning into a cluster fuck.

Look for the bike to show back up for sale next week.

Just checked out your auction. You specified an immediate deposit. Which he made. The problem I see is that nowhere in there does it specify a pickup timeframe. So if you did open a case against this guy, it might be an issue. However, it does say pickup in Johnson City. If the guy can't do that, then you do have a case. 

Anyway, I think your nuts to make this little trip. Fuck that guy. Hope everything goes well bud. Keep us informed

4 hours ago, Redbird said:

Did you make the drive before he blew you off? If so, fuck that guy, list it now and send him the link. 

No. He texted me to say FedEx kicked him off the flight he was deadheading on.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, racer212 said:

He ain't getting his deposit back, that's for damn sure. I don't care what eBay may say.

If you specified in the listing that the deposit was non-refundable, they SHOULD NOT take his side.  If not, who knows...you'd have to make your case on how much he's jerked you around and kept you from selling to other interested parties.

1 hour ago, Aunt Zero said:

If you specified in the listing that the deposit was non-refundable, they SHOULD NOT take his side.  If not, who knows...you'd have to make your case on how much he's jerked you around and kept you from selling to other interested parties.

Ebay mediator added to the list.

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...