CBR1100XX.org Forum

Givi Box

Twistedthrottle.com.

You will need the motech bracket which you fit on the bike using the rear hand rail bolts.  You lose the handrails though.  Then you need the plate that you attach onto the bracket on which the givi top case locks in.  Make sure you get the right plate depending on whether your top case is a monolock or monokey case.

There is a guy on this or the other board who has designed and makes brackets which are cheaper than the motech.

Thanks for the info, I have the box and the plate that it mounts to, just looking for the two bars/arms that attach to the existing bolts where the grab handle is? If you run across the guy making them let me know. Thanks Hank

if your givi mounting plate is plastic, keep a close eye on the rear latching post.  over time, mine wore to the point my box self-jettisoned on the freeway on rainy day...

feel the edge where the box latches onto, towards the rear of the mounting plate.  if it's starting to round off, consider adding a small bolt through box and mounting plate to keep things secure.

Edited by ptxyz
  • Upvote 1

it's a great design, just should be done in metal.  nothing like having a lockable trunk!

one could buy the mounting lug kits and simply cut out and replace the wear prone plastic post.

my through bolt solution, while taking away the ability to press a button to remove the box (i simply go inside the box to remove a nut), has been secure for many years now.

22 hours ago, vrodguy12 said:

Thanks for the tip and all the help guys. I am leaning toward just staying with my Ventura set up. It is tried and true for me.

I used the Ventura full setup for years on many long trips. Not having to cover during rain, being able to lock, and other considerations make my GIVI setup way better. YMMV, but I've never looked back.