CBR1100XX.org Forum

usb voltage bracket with momentary switch

Just finished this bracket.  Works great.  I wired in a garage door opener and it has two usb ports.  I will sell them for $75 shipped in the states.  Will come with switches and usb ports but will not have the opener.  Can offer more switches in this setup I just did not need them on my bike. 

IMG_2271.JPG

• Upvote 1

The bracket will be powder coated black on both sides.  I am still waiting on the usb ports to come in the mail.  I do have paypal that would be the best way.  Send me your email and I can send an invoice.  The bracket is 14ga steal.  When you send me your email let me know if you want more switches or if the one I have on my bike is what you are looking for.  I will need to have them cut and powder coated to order to offer different switch options. 

thanks

I have a hand grip warmer switch, a radar alert switch, and a cruise control module (which I don't think would fit, but maybe)

Here is three switches with the momentary switch will be under the large hole with the two USB ports

image.jpg

Edited by vw4tube
  • Upvote 1

That would be a pretty sweet spot to put a small voltmeter too. PM me a way to pay for that and one of those trunk brackets. 

28 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

The momentary switch is held as long as the key is on and then opens when the key is turned off to preserve the battery?

The momentary switch is soldered to an opener and is not attached to the battery. You will need to get an opener and do that if you want. The red led lights between the two USB ports shows volts

Open the garage door

the photo of under the seat. The ziplock bag with wires going to it is a garage door opener that I soldered the wire to

Edited by vw4tube

I really like that garage door button idea. I bought a small pocket fob. I could put it on my keychain, but that's not waterproof. It would also bounce around and wear on the rest of the dash area.   ...and my way I have to reach into my pocket and ride one-handed.

What model did you get and place in the gator bag?

KeyFob.jpg

• 2 weeks later...