CBR1100XX.org Forum

SPF: Mossberg 535 ATS with Red Dot and LPA

I always offer stuff here first...   I took this in as small part of a trade and realized this really belongs in the field..

Mossberg Model 535 ATS shotgun, 12 gauge with  Truglo Red Dot optic, Choate stock (they REALLY help on shotty's), 20” barrel. XX Full Turkey Accu-Choke (ported and extended). Accepts everything up to a 3.5” shell.  LPA adjustable trigger system (like a Savage Accu-Trigger) breaks at about 2lbs now.  5 (exactly) rounds fired. 

A GG&G front sling adapter allows sling attachment in a much more logical location.  (www.gggaz.com/mossberg-500-front-sling-attachment.html)

Tossing in a box of Hornady 3” Heavy magnum 00 Buck and a box of Winchester 3” 00 Buck. 

Shotty alone retails for $725. You can find them for $575ish (red dot AND adjustable  trigger) not including tax (of course). 

5 (exactly) rounds fired.  I know the previous owner and when he says 5, he means 5 rounds fired, period.  Here’s the gotcha… he was a little overzealous with racking the slide when new.. causing a a scratch on the tube. There is also a scratch on the barrel..... a little paint and these would be gone.. however the shotty functions perfectly. All I have done is disassemble it, clean it, lubricate it, and put it back in its original box. Box and papers included. 

Selling it for $450 OBRO.  Much less than that and I’ll just keep it and use it as a home defense shotty.  

Full 135_20160729_175410.jpg

Box 20160731_165116~01.jpg

Tube _20160731_164747.jpg

Barrel 20160731_164829.jpg

Edited by FarmerXX

3 1/2" 12ga., that should stop any uninvited turkeys coming through a window.

Cool gun and tempting, but kinda silly for a non-hunter so I'll force myself away.  Guessing it's illegal here, hard to have anything really cool that isn't.

4 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

3 1/2" 12ga., that should stop any uninvited turkeys coming through a window.

Cool gun and tempting, but kinda silly for a non-hunter so I'll force myself away.  Guessing it's illegal here, hard to have anything really cool that isn't.

As for Kalifornia, isn't just about everything illegal now?

A 3.5" in a magnum load would be one heck of a punch.... That's why the Choate stock.... Again, I haven't fired this but I know the difference this kind of stock makes when shooting heavier rifle calibers. If it doesn't sell, this shotty would be fed 3" for home defense work... As for the red dot, they're on just about everything now and pretty helpful in quick target acquisition.

This would actually be a great home defense shotty.. 

On 8/8/2016 at 7:58 AM, blackhawkxx said:

Just don't drop it in a pile of leaves, you may never find it.

I had to put a LoJack on it so I wouldn't lose it in the woods!

2 hours ago, racer212 said:

Gimme a shout on this... I may trade you for an IBA cert. :)

This is way too much firearm for you...   and I already have my IBA number... didn't have to kiss Kneebone's ass to get it either... 

You know I don't have cell coverage at FarmXX...  I'll message you tomorrow... 

10 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

where the hell do you live? Sounds awesome. 

Scott taking up turkey hunting? 

He lives in the 'holler round the bend.

I'm not much of a hunter, but I dont currently own a shotgun and I'm not sure that should stand.

17 minutes ago, racer212 said:

I'm not much of a hunter, but I dont currently own a shotgun and I'm not sure that should stand.

Text you in a few.. 

It would be a pretty good self defense shotty... 20" barrel, pistol grip and red dot... plus probably the best trigger I've felt on a shotty... 

44 minutes ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Yes please acquire a shoty so you can finally earn a man card. 

I lost all mine on a duck hunt recently. 

Looked like this but wet when I last saw it. 

Was legal, with barrel and overall length. I'm not a thug. 

20160625_074145.jpg

Fixed it for you... We are talking about Scott after all :P

And sorry for your loss... Damn, it seems like we're all losing our firearms... It must be Bush and Cheney's fault... 

And nothing wrong with Thug Life..... WCTL's Matter...  White Cracker Thug Lives matter...

Just to hijack this thread even more. Had two shootings last night within miles of my house. One incident left the guy dead, other incident guy was med flighted out. 

I live in the middle of no where.. 

Glad I got my bow to put fear and lower the attackers morale. 

Hehehe

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, FarmerXX said:

SPF to the guy trying to earn his man card back... (hey, Dave said it.. not me... )

Have  no idea what Dave said about my man card - but I'm thinking those who live in glass houses...

On August 16, 2016 at 6:52 PM, The Krypt Keeper said:

He doesn't scare me, 

Until he takes possession 

Hehe - you and me both.

i don't have pleasant memories of my last 12ga.