CBR1100XX.org Forum

Hornady LnL Case Prep Trio (human fund)

I ordered this from Amazon last year, first one arrived broken- motor turned but output shafts did not, made an odd clicking noise. Couple minutes on the computer and I had a new one on the way and a return label for the defective one printed. Life got in the way and I missed the return window. Great, $90 paperweight.

Having nothing to lose, today I finally got around to to pulling it apart to see if I could fix it. A small screw had come loose on the interior and was binding the gears, literally a five minute fix. It's now fully functional and brand new in box.

https://www.amazon.com/Hornady-Lock-Load-Case-Prep/dp/B007TNXAGM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469225531&sr=8-1&keywords=hornady+trio

Make a donation to the human fund of whatever amount you feel is appropriate and send me your address and it's on it's way to you.

I debated that one mostly to keep things Horna Red.  I ended up buying a different one, Lyman I think, that has 5 stations on top.  I like that it keeps all the junk contained, and that it has the option of 5 tools, but wonder if the side tooling might be more ergonomic.  Do you have experience with others?

Sorry, missed this yesterday.

No experience with anything else and yes, it does drop crap all over whatever is under it. That would be a concrete floor in my case, not a big deal. While 5 would certainly be better than three, I have yest to use more than two at any given time. Not having to swap out the heads as often would be an improvement.

Ergonomics, I do like that I can sit at the bench and push stuff straight into it. Seems like a natural motion and if I need to put some weight into, it's no problem. The qualifier is it must be mounted solidly. I can't imagine using this thing loose on the bench. That's probably less of a problem with something you're pushing down on.

There are times I use all 5; primer pocket uniformer, pp cleaner, de-crimper, chamfer, and de-burr.  This last round of 700 .223 I just used de-burr and chamfer removing the crimps with the chamfer tool.  I did it all at the dining table with TV or youtube entertainment and some .org breaks.  I also did my trimming here using a Trim-It with tape wrapped around it to contain the crap, that thing can fling shit pretty far.

I'll keep thinking about the Trio and very cool that you're donating it.