CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time to move on SOLD

On 7/17/2016 at 11:20 PM, MDRSK said:

I may be following you, Jo.  I have been eying a BMW R1200C that I saw on Craigslist.   Spoke to the guy today.  May look at it this coming weekend if it is still available.  Debating whether I had enough fun on the BB over the past five years.  Did a 600+ mile trip last weekend and I was sore.  Muscles ached, butt was in pain for most of the ride.  Corbin seat not very comfortable on long highway stretches.  So I started looking at cruisers online which is what most of my friends in NJ ride.  I ran into an ad for the R1200C (Montauk edition) and started looking up things about it.  Slow as molasses with only 61Hp and 79lbft for a 600 lb bike.  But  I sort of like the style. And it is a cruiser that did not follow the Harley mold.  It was featured in a Bond flick back in 2002.  Die Another Day with Pierce Brosnan and Michele Yeow.  Also found out it was in the opening scene of Austin Powers Gold Member.  That is two more movies than the BB has been featured in. :)   

Finally, someone else who loves the R1200C. I would get one as a cruiser in a heartbeat.

10 hours ago, OrganDonor said:

Finally, someone else who loves the R1200C. I would get one as a cruiser in a heartbeat.

They say there's a;ways someone who shares your love... so when you going to buy the one for sale in my 'hood?

You can leave it in my garage for me to ignore*

*or use it to wheelie through speed camera zones. 

• 3 weeks later...
On July 18, 2016 at 5:23 PM, JoWhee said:

I definitely won't be looking at a 1500, tbh I'm looking at this:

image.jpeg

or maybe this :

image.jpeg

i really like like the cafe racer and he's put in quite a bit of work, done all the engine seals, belts, and carb work. The second one is about half the price but needs work. 

How about this?

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/mcy/5653366633.html