CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: The Boating Accident was too severe

Ouch Tim... 51 years of a pretty active life and no one has ever accused me of sounding liberal. I think a valid argument could be said that if a tool is a tool, and nothing else, then there shouldn't be nearly the variety we have in tools, firearms, cars, bikes, boats, and a lot of things as that variety is unnecessary. That actually sounds pretty liberal to me. Some folks don't look at all things as mere tools... 

Functionally, the AR platform in the .223 is a great fit... But there are also functional reasons not to keep an AR in the truck. Like being lower profile to the not-firearm friendly LEOs and sheep in the world.. 

Edited by FarmerXX

9 hours ago, FarmerXX said:

Ouch Tim... 51 years of a pretty active life and no one has ever accused me of sounding liberal. I think a valid argument could be said that if a tool is a tool, and nothing else, then there shouldn't be nearly the variety we have in tools, firearms, cars, bikes, boats, and a lot of things as that variety is unnecessary. That actually sounds pretty liberal to me. Some folks don't look at all things as mere tools... 

Sorry, that probably came off a harsher than I intended. My point was and is you seem to be buying into the image problem of the AR platform. It's a semi-automatic rifle, similar in function to a multitude of semi-automatic rifles that look less "scary" to the uneducated. What you seem to be in the market for is a tool for animal control, it would fit that role very well.

I never said a tool is a tool and nothing else, and I certainly never applied that logic to firearms. I'm just pointing out that you've removed a pretty effective tool from your list simply because of its appearance.

Functionally, the AR platform in the .223 is a great fit... But there are also functional reasons not to keep an AR in the truck. Like being lower profile to the not-firearm friendly LEOs and sheep in the world.. 

I'm not clear on what the downside is if you're not breaking any laws, armed is armed to anyone with half a brain...but you know your area better than I.

The offer stands on that upper, maybe I could even find a wood hand guard for it ;)

• Upvote 1

No worries.. I knew what you meant.. .

If I can find a lower without the paper trail, I might take you up on your offer for an upper...  and old school wood handguard and some walnut bling would look smoking hot on an ARF! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Redbird said:

:D

Whatareyalaughingat?

That's the sexiest AR out there...  Nothing like some wood to give a guy some wood... 

Not laughing, smiling, I actually kind of dig it. I found out you can get a set of unfinished furniture for around $300. I'm not a big fan of the delta ring setup, but I could see myself making an exception...

8 hours ago, FarmerXX said:

No worries.. I knew what you meant.. .

If I can find a lower without the paper trail, I might take you up on your offer for an upper...  and old school wood handguard and some walnut bling would look smoking hot on an ARF! 

Polymer80 lower kit + drill press + 1-2 hrs of your time=paperless lower on the cheap.