CBR1100XX.org Forum

Old riding gear for sale

As a part of getting back into riding, I've purchased some new gear.  As a result, my older used but cared for items, which thankfully no longer fit, are just cluttering up my closet.

I have 3 jackets for sale:

1.  Joe Rocket Meteor 4 in yellow, 3XL.  I have the insulated liner for it, and wish i could get a new version of this one.  Very adjustable and all zippers work, with no tears or abrasions.  It's yellow with black and white accents as seen in the photo (not my photo).  I can take as many photos as you'd like, but it's a great item.  It does have road grime on it, but is perfectly serviceable.  I rode in all kinds of weather in this one and it never let me down.  Waterproof and very comfortable.  I did cut down the top of the back protector some so that it didn't hit the back of my helmet, but all other armor remains unmolested.  $75 obo.

2.  Joe Rocket Honda mesh jacket in blue, 3XL.  This has the liner inside it, which has never been used.  I rode with this jacket about 5 times, total.  Flows a lot of air, and again, no tears or abrasions.  See the photos. $75 obo.

3.  FirstGear ballistic nylon jacket in black, 2XL.  This one has a missing zipper pull on the main zipper and still has the insulated liner.  All zippers work, and it does flow a good amount of air as well.  This is a more....  antique jacket, but would make a great alternative for someone looking for a knockaround jacket or a spare for a passenger.  I don't know if it is waterproof or not, but it is ballistic nylon, so it's probably waterproof-ish.  It has no tears or abrasions, photos are available.  All armor is intact and good to go.  It has rubber/plastic shoulders, complete with bug remains captured on a genuine 1100xx at high speeds.  $35 obo.

I'll ship these to you at your expense, or can meet you locally- I drive all over the northeast.

I also have an older pair of FirstGear gloves that I'd be willing to part with.  Full gauntlet and chromed plastic on the knuckles and fingers.  I think they're an XL, but will have to check to be sure.  If you're interested, please email me at brett.cabeca at gmail dot com or just PM me here.

Thanks for looking!

Brett

joe_rocket_meteor_4.jpg

IMG_5265.JPG

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

• 1 month later...
On June 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM, AXXKicker said:

No interest?  Come on guys!   I don't want to put them on eBay. 

I'll take everything you have in M or L.

11 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Got pics of first gear jacket.. 

Are you buying, could you post 'em? That's my size, 2X. It would be even better if the sleves are "Lurch" length.

Edited by XXitanium

9 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

I was asking for pics of it. Just curious what it looks like. I just see the outside of the Joe rockets.. 

Lurch arms? 

Haha

I am t-rex arms... 

My wingspan is about 6 inches total more than my height. 

I was talking to an insurance guy today. My wife and I rattled of out heights and weights.

There was a pause. The asks us, "Do you mind if I ask, do you have any kids?"

"Sure, Why?"we say.

He asks, "How tall are they/"

Interesting question from the young man, insightful.

(6'-11", ^'-7", and 6'-11")

I have a local friend that is my height, but his arms are less than his height, he calls them T-Rex arms too.

Are you buying the jacket?  ...post pics m-bee?

On 6/8/2016 at 11:11 AM, AXXKicker said:

As a part of getting back into riding, I

3.  FirstGear ballistic nylon jacket in black, 2XL.  This one has a missing zipper pull on the main zipper and still has the insulated liner.  All zippers work, and it does flow a good amount of air as well.  This is a more....  antique jacket, but would make a great alternative for someone looking for a knockaround jacket or a spare for a passenger.  I don't know if it is waterproof or not, but it is ballistic nylon, so it's probably ....  It has rubber/plastic shoulders, complete with bug remains captured on a genuine 1100xx at high speeds.  $35 

I also have an older pair of FirstGear gloves that I'd be willing to part with.  Full gauntlet and chromed....

Sorry for the delay. I have attached photos of the first gear and joe rocket jackets. 

Aside from bug guts and the missing zipper pull, the first gear jacket is in great shape.  I have the liner in it as you can see from the photos.  

The joe rocket jacket is good but could use a wash. I have the liner for it as well, but it's in my tank bag, which I didn't pull down yet.  

Please let me know if you're interested!

brett

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg