CBR1100XX.org Forum

Not mine CL xx for sale near me

11 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

Been dropped or worse would be my guess. 

Hence the new paint, levers, different color engine cases, different mirrors, ding in the left exhaust, and missing fairing bolts for such a low mileage bike gauge cluster. 

Fixed that for you. Everything about that ad screams "run away".

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

I thought about that also, but thought that finding a low mileage cluster would be harder to find than say cheap mirrors and levers. 

Who knows, he may have been forced to buy a new one. All I know is if that bike has <1k miles on it it, those were some really rough miles.

Joe, I agree on the subframe. Wasn't sure if it was my eyes or the perspective of the photo, but something looks fucky.

My guess is that someone crashed it right after buying it and it sat.  This many years later it was resurrected to sell; the fuel pump pretty much tells that part of the tail.  I'll bet that if he didn't give the details it would sell faster, but I'm sure there's someone out there that'll be delighted with a low mile bike that has a bunch of new parts.

And yea, the rear looks tweaked.