CBR1100XX.org Forum

Needs A Good Home...

Okay, I bought this trailer several years ago.  It looked A LOT WORSE than this.  I disassembled it, had it sandblasted, primed and painted.  Made a new deck for it out of 2x4s and bolts.  Put on a new wiring harness and trailer light kit (4-wire).

It's done nothing but sit out in the weather.  A few years back, I pulled off the deck and stored it in the basement to protect it from further deterioration.  I believe it's 5' x 8' with a tilting bed, but you may still need ramps if you're going to load on multiple items since it won't tilt with weight on the front (obviously).

Make what you think is a fair offer and it's yours.  You have to come and pick it up (24270).  It likely needs new tires before seeing serious use since these are the ones it came with.  Last I checked, the wheel bearings were in good shape.  Even if you put $$$ into fixing/cleaning it up, you're getting something more solid than you're going to find at TSC, Harbor Freight or Northern Tool Co.  

IMG_2991.JPG

Paint faded by the weather.

IMG_2992.JPG

Mostly dirt, but a few spots of rust are starting to reappear from sitting in the sun and rain.

IMG_2993.JPG

Yes...and moss is starting to grow on it.

IMG_2994.JPG

The deck is under all of that.  I'll reinstall it before you pick it up.

IMG_2995.JPG

Basic 2x4s and hardware you can get at any hardware store.  You can measure the placement of the crossmembers beneath to make a new one (if you wish) that fits the trailer perfectly.  I used four bolts (one in each corner) to secure it down to the trailer.  It sits flush in the channels when it's installed.

Well, it's a good trailer...solid...just needs some cleaning and new tires.  I'm pretty much ready to give it away rather than let it keep rotting in the yard unused.  If I had a regular need for it, I'd keep it.

If it's free and still available mid summer I'll buy you a steak dinner for it. Too much shit going on now for me to come down any earlier.