CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need New Engine Mount Rubbers? '97 XX Blackbird

Scotty M

Hi guys, just on the hunt for new upper engine mount rubbers, I've had an increase in engine vibration this year so was thinking since the bike was a '97 and original, (I had valve set done last summer), I thought that the rubbers would be an obvious place to start to try and eliminate or reduce at least that area. My dealership says they are discontinued, so now the hunt goes on? I'm in Alberta Canada, can anyone direct me somewhere to find them? Part #'s are - 50202-ME5-000 and 50203-MW0-000.  Thanks, Scotty M.

35 minutes ago, rockmeupto125 said:

Exactly where are these engine mount rubbers located?

I've got a whole bunch of XX engines here, and not one of the bikes had rubber bits fall out when the engines dropped.....

+1

I searched the part numbers you provided and don't see where they are listed for the CBR1100XX.

i didn't think we had rubber engine mounts.

anyway back to the original problem, carbies need balancing maybe, does it get better or worse as you open the throttle?

Hi, thanks for the website, I'll check it out. As for the increase in vibration, its mostly noticeable between 4-8500, maybe I should run some carb cleaner through it, it hasn't been all that long since I had carbs cleaned and sinc'd. it runs very smooth, so that's why I thought possible rubbers getting dry and worn? I  really appreciate the help and info guys!!

so it's rev related not throttle position? On my old duc after a dodgy service, which left the carbs unbalanced, it was rough and down on power down low but as i opened up the throttle it would smooth out as minor differences didn't matter so much, if that makes sense.

i can't think of anything that would go out of balance on your engine all of a sudden, could it be speed related? wheels, bearings, chain and sprockets all ok?

Yes it makes some sense to me, maybe I'm just over thinking it, I tend to do that, I spare no expense on any of my toys when it comes to having them run well, so this issue has gradually gotten worse in the few years I've owned it, that's why I had valve set done last summer, and my mechanic said he only had to tweak a couple, all was real good, I'll see if some carb cleaner will make any changes in it, maybe the bike did pick up something since last summer?

Yes, had tires rebalanced end of last summer just because, and they weren't out at all, and as for chain and sprockets, only have maybe 700 miles on them, and I keep chain adjusted and lubed well, its definitely engine, I can feel it run right through handle bars revving it just sitting there, like I said, I might be over thinking this, because it always had slight vibration since I"ve owned it, it just seems worse to me the start of this years' riding season. Maybe I'll just get some carb cleaner and then run it like I stole it for a couple of tankfulls and see if I notice a difference? Thanks Paul99! 

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?/topic/48432-rattling-gears-and-counter-balance-shaft-adjustment/&page=1

I never tried this, but I figure one day I will.

As I posted years ago, my 01 gets rough if I allowed it to get really hot.  Stop and go at Daytona.

Might be worth a try.