CBR1100XX.org Forum

Motor issue

NoOne65

no leaks and sync is right on the money for all carbs...I will be playing with the pilot screww but just wondering which way to go...I decided to go richer from 2 1/2 to 3 turns...we'll see how that goes

So first off I want to thank all of you for your advise, it helped me get straight. The issue was the carbs...once I started thinking it wasnt just #3 I removed them and soaked them in the gallon bucket of chem tool overnight cuz just the spray carb cleaner just wasnt cutting it. Then pressurized water and finally spray carb cleaner...sync and pilot adjustment and my XX runs like a bat outof hell like she was designed to do!

Edited by NoOne65
  • Upvote 2

On Tuesday, April 05, 2016 at 4:39 PM, blackhawkxx said:

So i f you have the spark plug in the cap grounded to the outside of the motor, does the plug fire when cranked?

Yup, My kid's Honda Accord had a cold Cylinder. We checked by pulling a plug. We Got spatkgit

We got spark, so that was ruled out. We ended up diahnosing Feul Injectors - and replaced the whole set with re-manufactured for $150