CBR1100XX.org Forum

Never sell guns, except this one. Springfield EMP .40 S&W

On 2/6/2016 at 1:13 AM, blackhawkxx said:

From what I have read, I'll take .40 over 9mm in the case of stopping bad things happening.

Yeah, and I' thinking it would be plenty accurate for making any ne'er-do-well think twice about coming any farther into my domicile. Twenty-five feet-ish...

18 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Yeah, and I' thinking it would be plenty accurate for making any ne'er-do-well think twice about coming any farther into my domicile. Twenty-five feet-ish...

Even with a 3" barrel this thing is more accurate than most pistols, zero issues there. The match grade bull barrel and an incredible trigger take care of that.

Just buy it so you can quit thinking about it and start shooting it ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Of all the guns I've sold this one bugged me the most.  They all bug me to some degree because I want at least one of every gun ever made, but $ & space don't allow that.  Anyway, I recently realized that I don't have a .22 with the flexibility of this model and very few pretty guns so I needed this back.  Luckily the purchaser is a friend so after a few years gone I got it back today.  According to the interwebs it's a 1994.  From memory, when I got it it appeared to have little or no use and I sold it right after I got it without ever getting to shoot it.  My friend said he only put around 25 rounds through it.  I opened it up and it didn't show much for wear or grime, but I did a full cleaning including opening the mag, which also looked pretty clean inside.  As always, some Hornady spray made everything smoother than it was.  The receiver & barrel band appear to have some kind of clear coat type stuff on them with some scratches & chipping, but I'm not gonna mess with them 'till I know what it is and if it can be easily cleaned up.

I'll probably take it to Carlos' this week for the test run, and pick up a real magazine for it while I'm in America.  A Ruger BX25 unless someone has a better suggestion.  Anyone got any specific ammo advice for accuracy with these or is it the typical "every gun likes a different load"?

09PuuID6TAytI6TO2aZZHQ_thumb_865.thumb.jpg.cb196729ad251ca3018ff448fd8e323d.jpg

Should eat everything you feed it. I just picked up a Ruger Charger, added a KAK brace and red dot. Calling it my Chipmunk Slayer.

Little known fact, effective July 1st your 10-22 is an assault weapon in Washington, requiring a 10day wait, mandatory training and host of other restrictions. Enjoy and congrats on getting reunited with an old friend.

Sweet, that means my tube fed .22s just went up in value.  I'm assuming a detachable magazine is one of the features defining an AW.  Seems like WA is competing with CA to see who can push through the most restrictive gun laws.  On the upside, several WA Sheriffs and/or chiefs (probably only in the rural areas) have gone on record saying they won't enforce ridiculous gun laws.  They were asked "aren't you sworn to enforce the laws"?  Yes, and I swore to uphold the constitution of the US which is a higher law.

On the same day this thing becomes a death machine in WA, we start having background checks for ammo.  One of the conditions for passing the instant background check is that you own a gun so I'll no longer be qualified.

Moriah's Ruger SR22 is finicky, and each mag (all genuine) vary in what they like.  It sucks.  Great gun otherwise.  The old Mark II and the S&W eat anything, to where I've dumped boxes of random shit in the mag loader and it just doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, did I post about the Mark II/III/IV mag loader?  Magical.

16 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

I'm assuming a detachable magazine is one of the features defining an AW.

Nope. Magazine do not matter. Anything semi-auto. Tube fed, mag fed, doesn’t matter. So, shotguns, and any long gun with semi-auto action is an assault weapon. However, they haven’t banned them yet....just making them difficult to get. If you want a pistol you have to sign over your right to have your medical records checked.

7 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

Nope. Magazine do not matter. Anything semi-auto. Tube fed, mag fed, doesn’t matter. So, shotguns, and any long gun with semi-auto action is an assault weapon. However, they haven’t banned them yet....just making them difficult to get. If you want a pistol you have to sign over your right to have your medical records checked.

Holy shit, they have gone crazy!  Is Terry writing their gun laws?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Moriah's Ruger SR22 is finicky,

They seem to be hit & miss, but mostly good from what I know.  One option is warranty service if it's still covered.  The other, if the rounds are sticking on the way into the chamber, is knocking the small 'lip' off where the ramp meets the chamber, and a ramp polishing for good measure.  Polishing alone might cure it.  I hate shooting guns I've never gotten to play with, but I guess we can take it shooting and play with it to hopefully figure out the issue.

Took the 10-22 out yesterday and as expected, it ran great.  I put a few rounds of .22 long through it just to see what would happen, I expected possible failure, but no problems.  .22 short, as expected, fired but failed to eject and wouldn't load from the mag.