CBR1100XX.org Forum

Wanted to Buy: DVD Recorder/VHS Dual Media Player

Some friends have VHS tapes they enjoy that are nearing the end of their lifespan. I thought they might benefit from the capability to record those tapes to DVD. And their DVD player is increasingly dysfunctional, so the whole idea makes sense.

However, they're not friends that I spend $200 on for Christmas, but I thought perhaps there are many old units out there. I have no problem with used merchandise, I use it all the time myself. But I'm not keen on purchasing used electronics from eBay or Craigslist. However, here where there's a well-known group of folks, I'm quite comfortable with used equipment purchases.

So does anyone have a good used DVD/VHS player recorder they'd care to sell? Doesn't need to have a built in tuner, as the recipients don't watch broadcast TV....no cable, dial-up internet, and no decent antenna reception in the mountains.

Thanks!

Nah, they wouldn't be interested in dealing with the technology even if they had a newer computer. But seriously, the computer is on dialup and used only for those communication needs that specifically require an internet connection. They are far from wealthy, or even well off by most scales, and live quite simply. They do have electric and firearms, so don't be too harsh.

• 2 weeks later...