CBR1100XX.org Forum

OEM parts from a '04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland WJ

I have all the suspension; springs, shocks, control arms, sway bar end links--F&R. Also have the tie rod assy., track bar, front bumper, rock sliders, skid plate, headlights. I'm putting them on CL but anyone here will get priority and a better price.

Iron Rock Offroad 6.5" long arm with 4 link rear, I was the first to install their new 4 link rear kit. The installation is pretty involved. It's running 35" Hankook mud tires. The suspension leaves little up travel allowing for the big tires to fit (after much cutting and hammering) but a ridiculous amount of droop. It rides very nice on the street and it's pretty ridiculous off-road, the only change between on and off road is disconnecting the sway bars. The springs are long and soft so with the sway bars off it feels weird (a lot of body roll), but it rides nice and soft even on crappy terrain. On road comfort and stability is so good it could be compared to a stock vehicle, just different than it was before. I've run it up to at least 85MPH, probably more, and it still handles city driving and turns very well. I haven't fully flexed it to it's limits, but I'd say you could probably lift one tire 35-40 inches before another comes off the ground, possibly more. I followed Carlos off-road in his Rubicon while another equally equipped Rubicon had to keep playing catch-up. Obviously that points toward driving, but still impressive for an old soccer mom car.

If you do any off-roading try disconnecting the sway bars, makes a world of difference in comfort and traction. You should be able to just remove one of the end links on each bar and let it ride, just check that the free end can't hit anything when the suspension flexes, but it should be clear.

BTW, the WJ is my friend's not mine. I do all his mechanical work and wind up driving all his toys.

• 2 weeks later...