CBR1100XX.org Forum

Reality check and checking for interest

Need some feedback on pricing and checking for interest....possibly/most likely for sale:

'82 CBX - 40K mi. - Blue on White - all OEM with exception for suspension - replaced rear shock with Progressive 420 and Progressive fork springs. Original suspension parts included. Only farkles are added DualStar grip heaters and aftermarket windscreen (tinted, slightly taller than stock, with vents) . Previous owner (I'm 2nd) JetHot clear coated OEM pipes to preserve them. Bike is in good condition and regularly ridden. Projected price $4800.

'82 CB900F - 102K miles - in F2 badged configuration with Hondaline fairing. Replacement heavy built 1123cc engine at 81K miles. DynoJet tweaked carbs. V&H 4-1 pipe. Custom starter clutch. Custom oversize battery config. Optional Hondaline gauges (Altimeter and OA Temp.). Progressive Suspension shocks and springs. Corbin G&L seat. CB1100F swingarm and wheels conversion. Super high quality show level custom paint with OEM repro decals (Blue on Black). DualStar grip heaters. Original engine (cases never split at 81K) may be included. Projected price $3800.

'05 Rebel 250 - less than 700 miles. Basically a new motorcycle with added small windscreen. All OEM. Projected price $2500.

Anyone interested? Are these realistic prices?

Edited by Warp11XX

Need some feedback on pricing and checking for interest....possibly/most likely for sale:

'82 CBX - 40K mi. - Blue on White - all OEM with exception for suspension - replaced rear shock with Progressive 420 and Progressive fork springs. Original suspension parts included. Only farkles are added DualStar grip heaters and aftermarket windscreen (tinted, slightly taller than stock, with vents) . Previous owner (I'm 2nd) JetHot clear coated OEM pipes to preserve them. Bike is in good condition and regularly ridden. Projected price $4800.

'82 CB900F - 102K miles - in F2 badged configuration with Hondaline fairing. Replacement heavy built 1123cc engine at 81K miles. DynoJet tweaked carbs. V&H 4-1 pipe. Custom starter clutch. Custom oversize battery config. Optional Hondaline gauges (Altimeter and OA Temp.). Progressive Suspension shocks and springs. Corbin G&L seat. CB1100F swingarm and wheels conversion. Super high quality show level custom paint with OEM repro decals (Blue on Black). DualStar grip heaters. Original engine (cases never split at 81K) may be included. Projected price $3800.

'05 Rebel 250 - less than 700 miles. Basically a new motorcycle with added small windscreen. All OEM. Projected price $2500.

Anyone interested? Are these realistic prices?

A CBX with stock pipes is worth more than that. The stock pipes is what makes it more valuable.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Nobody (except me) buys a CBX as a rider. Collector market usually doesn't have problems with finding parts....they're out there, just pricey. The JetHot dulled the chrome but stopped the slight corrosion that had started to the backside on a couple of the downpipes. My dream was to pony up the bucks at some point soon and get them fully rechromed. Dreams have a way of fading out when everything you've done and worked for in the last 35 years starts swirling around the bowl.....

...Nobody (except me) buys a CBX as a rider.... ...Dreams have a way of fading out when everything you've done and worked for in the last 35 years starts swirling around the bowl.....

I intend to ride mine as long as I can. Not every ride, but enough to enjoy the music of the six.

.....it's at the shop right now.... hydrolock.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Nobody (except me) buys a CBX as a rider. Collector market usually doesn't have problems with finding parts....they're out there, just pricey. The JetHot dulled the chrome but stopped the slight corrosion that had started to the backside on a couple of the downpipes. My dream was to pony up the bucks at some point soon and get them fully rechromed. Dreams have a way of fading out when everything you've done and worked for in the last 35 years starts swirling around the bowl.....

Hey Warp - you should contact Jeff Dillon at my old shop - he was a CBX freak for a long time, and has been without one for awhile.

• 11 months later...
6 hours ago, XXitanium said:

Roll it outside, turn the choke off, and maybe throw a rev or two.  Let us hear it right dammit.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, XXitanium said:

I hope you kept it BTW.

I still have it and managed to put a couple thousand miles on it this summer. Selling it wouldn't really have much impact on my wallet but would really hurt my heart. I honestly didn't think I would ever have one no matter how much I had lusted for it for so many years. The way it came to me was a once in a lifetime opportunity of being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people who had some kind of freaky intuition that I was the guy who would appreciate it the most and give it the best home possible. She was just a little neglected for a few years but never unloved and never left outside to wither. They are special machines that have no true comparison. Even though BMW tried and the K16's are really impressive, they don't have the soul and personality of the mighty X.

Glad yours is humming again! What pipe is that?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, XXitanium said:

Those are Mac's 4-2'. After about six months I got tired of the sound. They're raspy.

I've been looking at the re-man denkos and Sankei duplicates.  

Superhawk996, I ran the carbs dry for the winter. I'll owe you next spring.

Mac 4-2...no wonder it's raspy, there's two cylinders with no exhaust system dude.

BASTARD!

Wouldn't be a bad idea to crack the drain screws and get the last bit out.  Tho more involved and maybe not worth it, when I've decided to put a bike in storage I like to dose it with 2 stroke oil, slosh it to coat the tank, run it to coat the cylinders, then drain the carbs.  Before start-up drain & fill the tank.  Maybe overkill if you know you'll ride again somewhat soon, but I've made the mistake of thinking I would and not getting around to it for a long time.

Ha!

....duh!  Six into two Mac.

Over the winter doesn't seem so long to me. I've had it since 1988 and this has been my normal modus operandi 

I have winter stuff that sits over the summer also. That almost seems worse. There's less u s a b l e winter months with snow.

I have a friend who mists his bores with 2 stroke at the end of the season.

I haven't seen the actual procedure. He shoots it in through the plug holes.

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I had the time, space, and cash for the CBX.    Always wanted one back in the day after I had a chance to ride one.  I was chatting with a guy whom I had just met, admiring the bike, and he handed me the keys!  :D     It was a naked with a Kerker pipe.        This was right after I got my street bike license and 1st bike, a new '82 Yamaha 400cc twin. Felt like a rocket coming off that!   So smooth and so much torque.

• Upvote 1

I have one of those too. The powder that the voodoo priest gave me to sprinkle at the garage door threshhold is effective so far. I still keep a full bucket of water nearby for emergency use just in case one of her flying monkeys happens to lick up the powder when I'm not watching. Oh what a world, what a world.....

• Upvote 1