CBR1100XX.org Forum

CL Find in NY. 2003 XX w/1500 miles. $4395

I know new member Gatt tried to grab it last night, but it was already gone. The CBR1500XXX will be here before Zero would have pulled the trigger.... I'm just hoping one of us grabbed it.

If Dave ends up buying this, I call dibs.

:)

I am throwing the bullshit flag.

dibbs if Dave got her.

Cecome, I already called DaveDibs. :)

sorry missed it....all yours

• Upvote 1

I'd offer him $1K less than what he's asking...just because he never did routine maintenance as it sat in the garage.

At the very least, he should have changed the oil and coolant every 3 years. The tires may be fine, but I'd not trust them on a trip after a decade of aging.

I'd presume that OEM coolant would still protect the system from all that sitting around and doing nothing, but until you won't know until you run some system cleaner through it and see what comes out.

You really are a piece of work.

You really are a piece of work.

Explain.

Every time, without exception, I try to sell something, the common practice is to low-ball the price and see if the person will come down some. You accept that you're going to have to come up in price.

A 12-year-old bike, garage kept, but hardly used and no maintenance that needs to be done regardless of actual use. I can expect a new set of tires to cost over $300 easy because 12-year-old tires are not safe. Since all the needed work I could do myself, I probably would have pushed for $500 in negotiation.

Sounds like Dave bought the bike (from what I'm picking up), but he's not talked about how low he got the guy to sell for.